Chapter 2

4 years later

Percy's PoV

I looked down at the New York City skyline from the first class window. I was currently flying back home from Europe, and I was ecstatic to see my Mom and friends again. I hated having to leave with so little notice, but working and taking over my fathers job did pay off. I was now a millionaire. And now Annabeth and I can live happily ever after without having to work ever again. I hated having been forced to move to work for my father, but I am done with that I've made enough money to support myself. I took out my phone and gazed at a photo of Annabeth.

"That's a beautiful young lady." The elderly women seated next to me said.
I smiled and nodded "I hope to marry her."

***

When my flight landed I hailed a taxi and took of towards her apartment, I hope to surprise her.

When I arrived at her apartment, I stepped out of the cab and admired the building, It was a large brick building lined with fire escapes and flower pots. I nodded towards the doorman and walked into the lobby. The elevator dinged as I walked into the room. A tan woman with curly blonde hair stepped out holding a little girl's hand with blonde hair and sea green eyes. The little girl kept tugging on her mothers arm as she stopped and stormy grey eyes met my green ones. My heart jumped, Annabeth.