Chapter 7

Annabeth's PoV

I bury my head in Aspen's wild curls as she sleeps soundly against my shoulder. I mustn't cry, and I have to stay strong for Aspen. I pitied the poor girl not knowing that her father, that she had been asking about since she learned to talk, didn't want her.

Percy had changed, and not for the good.

I had to find a way out of this closet. I pushed myself onto my feet Aspen still in my arms, and reached for the doorknob. I pressed my ear against the door straining my ears for any sounds. Satisfied I slowly cracked the door, and peeked into the living room.

Percy is laying on the couch asleep, Thalia nowhere to be found. I tiptoed towards the door my heart pounding in my chest, I had to cross the living room to get to the door.

I had made it about halfway before Percy gave me a near heart attack.
"Annabeth." I turned to see his eyes flutter open. He looked at me with unfocused eyes,
"Sorry, that I had to leave."

I squeezed my eyes shut, and wrangled in the tears that threatened to fall. I stepped towards him and ran my hand through his hair, and he began to drift back into unconsciousness.

"I know." I crept back over to the side of the room, walked through the kitchen, and gripped the door handle.

"It must be hard living this way." I jumped nearly two feet in the air when I heard Thalia's voice behind me.

"My goodness Thal you scared the mess out of me." She leaned against the fridge stirring her drink.

"You're going to have to tell her one day, why not make it now when she can actually see him?" She gestured with her spoon towards Aspen.

"Because he couldn't be bothered to be in her life for four years."

"But you're only keeping it that way." We sat there in a silent staring competition, until she finally signed and looked away.

"Fine be that way, but know that when she gets older she will most likely get mad at you." With that she turned on her heal and left the room.

And I did the same.

***

Ugh I'm sorry but I really don't know what I'm going to write in my other story. And then there's the recurring problem that goes with my laziness.

Well here's an update. I have a feeling that this story may be really short I don't know.