Chapter 6

Annabeth's PoV

I'm going to pass out. Percy is about to walk around the corner in 5.3 seconds, and then Im going to die of embarrassment.

So I do the logical thing and duck down the hallway next to me, and rushed into the nearby storage closet.

I felt Aspen's head moving against my shoulder as she nuzzled deeper into my neck, I smiled.

My unoccupied hand flew through the dark closet searching for light switch. When my hand found it spots filled my eyes as I squinted into the newfound light.

I shuffled over to a lawn chair stuffed into the corner and sat down, this was going to be a long wait.

Percy's PoV

I'm going to pass out. My head was pounding, and the smallest amount of light burnt my eyes and intensified my overbearing headache.

As I walked through the door I heard footsteps quickly retreating to my right, but I dismissed it.

"Thalia!" I call out

"I'm in the living room." I walked in to find her seated on the couch sipping tea.

I eyed the other cup of tea sitting on the other side of the coffee table.

I slipped onto the love seat in front of the suspicious cup of tea.
"Who's is this?"

"Oh that's my tea from earlier I just forgot all about it." I could see her neck starting to turn pink.

"I see." I'll let it slide...for now.

"So tell me, how are you?" She brought her cup back to her lips.

"To be honest, I feel like crap." I ran a hand down my face trying rub away the aching pain.

"Annabeth," I stared off dreamily before bringing them back colder than before, "has changed."

"She's under a lot of pressure, what can you expect from her."

"I come back with heart in my hands, and she runs away from me."

"Maybe she has a reason."

"And to top it off she's found someone else, and she has a child."

Silence filled the room.

"I bought a ring." she nearly choked on her tea, Thalia jumped out of her seat eyes wide.

"I was going to ask her to marry me, but I see that it's not the time." the velvet box was burning holes in my leg.

Annabeth's PoV

I stiffened when he commented on Aspen. He didn't want her.

I had always known in the back of my mind that he would say that. I just hoped that the little angel on my shoulder was right.

"-ask her to marry me-" is he still talking about me?

And the nerve of him to ask Thalia to do it for him.

Jerk

Prick

***

I know I know I know I'm sorry that it's short, Im not the best writer.

I just don't like updating this with The Mortal Life not done, I feel like I'm cheating you guys.

On the side is a song that kinda goes along with this story.