Chapter 4

Percy PoV

Where did she go?
I was practically pulling my hair out trying to find her. I ran down the street in the direction she had run in.
A scream echoed in the alley behind me. Never mind Annabeth she could wait. I quickly spun on my heal and pushed my way back through the crowd. Rushing down the dark alley I could see the forms of a large man leering over a woman and her small child. I quickly lunged onto the mans back, he stumbled forwards and crashed into the wall sending us both tumbling towards the ground.

Annabeth's PoV

I quickly pulled myself to my feet and hung Aspen on my hip, she looked at me with large frightful green eyes.
The two men remained still and unmoving. The smaller man moaned as he rolled over onto his back.
His sea green eyes fluttered open and stared back at me. Percy.

"Thankypu." Aspen chirped as she climbed out of my arms and wrapped her little arms around Percy's neck.

"That's her way of saying thank you." I whispered

Percy's PoV

I was hurt. Hurt that she had moved on and had somebody else's child. The ring in my pocket grew heavy as the girl hugged my neck. I couldn't help but let a smile cross my face, she looked so much like her mother except for the striking green eyes.

"You're welcome." I stood up but the girl kept her arms wrapped around me, she dangled from my neck.

"My goodness she's strong." I muttered as I set her back down on the ground.

"Again, again!"

"Aspen honey no you have to go to preschool." Annabeth wouldn't meet my eyes.

"Maybe some other time sweetheart I'll be around now." With that Annabeth spared me one last look and sweaped Aspen out of the alley. I stared back at her retreating form.