17. 𝗦𝗹𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁𝗹𝘆 𝗨𝗻𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄𝗻

Frankie's POV

I leaned my head against the window as my mom drove. It had been about 45 minutes since we had been in the car. I had no clue where we were headed next but excitement raided me.

"How long do you think you can stay up tonight?" I heard as I was drawn out of my thoughts by my moms voice.

"All nighter." I said as I looked over at her mischievously.

"I don't know about that." Stef said all while giving me a look.

"Okay, maybe not. But I bet I can stay up till 5am. At least." I commented.

"All right, well you have fun with that."

"Oh I will. So that means we are staying overnight somewhere?" I asked.

"Yes. Everything we need is in those two suitcases." She said.

"Does mama know about this?"

"Yes." My mom said as she kept driving.

"Sooo how did you come up with all these lessons?"

My mind wandered to the dream and how Stef said Lena was in on it. Maybe this part of my dream would turn out to be true.

"Well, your mama and I talked last night after your little slip up. We came up with some things we wanted you to understand-"

I cut her off before finishing her sentence for her.

"Understand to not make those same mistakes again or run away or be dumb or make stupid decisions. I know." I said as I felt a pang off guilt.

I did feel bad about the yesterday. It was out of character for me. At least that much I had to admit.

"Aaannddd how you jumped out of the car and almost got yourself run over today." My mom added.

That I actually had forgotten about.

"Sorry." I said quickly feeling guilty once more.

"Mhhm." My mom said shortly.

"Not to mention-"

"Yeah, I'm sorry about that too." I said interrupting her once more.

I heard my mom huff out of frustration. I couldn't blame her.

"Honestly, if I had a kid like me, I wouldn't be too happy either." I added as she still had not spoken.

"It's not that I'm not happy. Don't get me wrong, I love having a daughter. I am just not always so happy with your decision making."

"But I'm a kid so you kinda have to give me some slack." I responded.

"You just don't drop it, do you."

A nervous laugh came out of me.

"You know, when I was slightly older then you, I got myself into a good amount of trouble. Your grandma never punished me. Her way of raising me was different compared to how I raise you. Her mindset was that I would learn from my own mistakes with no guidance. Anything I did was on me. My decisions, my problems, everything. I learned that I was the one responsible for it since they were my actions. It wasn't the wrong way of parenting me, it just wasn't the best way." My mom finished.