2- I might get hungry?

Blair's P.O.V

I had been sketching a picture for a while, I was drawing a picture of eeyore, from Winnie the Pooh. He looked all sad and depressed, which was what I was feeling at the minute. That was the reason I drew it, to express how I am feeling. I always sketch, it is just really relaxing. Suddenly, I heard the front door slam. I smiled at the fact that my mom must have gone out, and finally she left. That gave me a chance to go downstairs and eat, finally. I just didn't want to face my mom, that's why I locked myself in my room. I wasn't ready to face what she had told me, it would take me time to deal with that. And knowing my mom, she wouldn't allow that and she would basically badger me until I came to terms with it.

I slowly opened my door and looked left and right, the coast was clear, I thought in my head. I crept downstairs and was about to go into the kitchen but then I heard a noise in the living room. Curious, I crept towards the living room and walked in silently.

I gasped, there was a man standing there with his back to me, looking at the pictures in the photo frames on the fire place. He had black hair, and was wearing a black leather jacket. I thought he was an intruder and was going to quickly run and hide. However, he heard me gasp and turned around and his unbelievably blue eyes lit up when he looked at me.

"Blair," he breathed, and I'm not going to lie he looked a bit scared himself. Why would he be scared of a teenage girl?

"W-who are you?" I asked stepping back but my voice came out all croaky, which annoyed me. How did this guy know my name?

My mom then entered the room holding two mugs of what looked like coffee on a tray. Oh great, I was obviously wrong about her going out. Instead she had let this strange man in to our home.

"Blair," she smiled but I stayed quiet. She looked at me and then looked at the man. I looked back at the man too, and he was staring at me intensely.

"What? Who are you and why are you staring at me?" I snapped annoyed. He smirked at my change in attitude, which was weird. Other people would usually get mad if I snapped at them like that.

"Blair.. this is.." my mom paused and I looked back at her expectantly, waiting for her to continue,

"Damon Salvatore. He is.. your father," she managed out. My eyes went wide and my heart started pounding. No. It couldn't be.

At first, a small part of me was happy because despite his lack of presence in my life, I did kind of want to meet him or at least see what he looked like. But then, anger took over because I realised he had never been here for me before. However, fear replaced the anger for a moment, but then fear took over. Fear because I remembered the small detail my mother told me about him being a vampire.

"Don't be scared," he said slowly.

"Blair.. your dad is here to um.. take you on a holiday," my mom said. I looked at her wide eyed and shocked. Is she seriously saying what I think she is saying?

"What? Are you crazy? NO! NO WAY!" I yelled desperately.

"Please Honey.." she started but I cut her off.

"Mom I am not four years old! I know what you mean by a 'holiday' and no, I will not let that happen! You can't just drop me off with some stranger that I've never met!" I screamed.

"Blair he's your dad," she said.

"Hardly. He's never been here!" I scoffed.

"Blair!" She shouted, angry at my rudeness. What does she expect? Just because he's my 'dad' he's suddenly not a stranger? Of course he's still a stranger! I've never met him! And to think this was the woman who taught me about stranger danger.