35- Edge of Glory

Blair's P.O.V

Katherine took off immediately, saying that she had to put a million miles between her and Klaus as soon as possible which was understandable. That left just me and Stefan, so we spent a couple of weeks travelling. We stayed close to enough to Virginia however, just in case. Basically we were just having some well needed bonding time by staying at five star hotels, eating at fancy restaurants and shopping at expensive shops.

We were currently sat in an amazing Italian restaurant, I was eating carbonara.

"I've missed this Stefan. I guess you were pretty funny at times without your humanity. But I've missed talking to you. Really talking to you." I told him sincerely.

"So have I. I'm so sorry you had to see me like that." He apologised.

"Don't be silly, it wasn't you. None of it was your fault. Klaus compelled you to turn off your emotions, there was nothing you could do." I told him.

"I know you're right. I just feel guilty... I should have been there for you after your mom died. Maybe you could have dealt with things easier if you had me to talk to." He said.

"Stefan, don't blame yourself. I'm fine now, and I had plenty of people to talk to but I chose not to... I was just overwhelmed. You know what I'm like with my feelings. But it worked out okay in the end." I smiled.

"Did it though?" He asked and I raised my eyebrow at him questioningly.

"You know what.. never mind. It is okay, we can use this experience as a chance to catch up on the bonding that we have missed." He said, changing his demeanour and smiling.

Later on, we were at another amazing five star hotel with a lot of room service. We were watching a movie but we were talking throughout most of it, so we weren't paying much attention to it.

"Enough talking about supernatural dramas, what about you and Max? Do you see anything progressing?" Stefan asked and I sighed.

"I don't know. I really don't know. We get on quite well, and we are pretty good friends but I don't know whether there's more to it or whether we are just friends." I answered.

"Like... I don't know whether we have a romantic connection or a friendly connection." I added.

"I know what you mean. Have you told him how you feel?" He asked.

"Yes, plenty of times. But I just feel like he puts a lot of pressure on me for a proper relationship. It's clear he wants us to be more than friends but I don't want to rush into something that I'm not 100% sure about." I explained and Stefan nodded understandingly.

"Do not under any circumstances rush into anything you're not ready for. It's not fair on yourself." Stefan told me.

"I know." I agreed. My phone started ringing and I jumped in surprise. Nobody has called me for a few weeks because everyone kind of hated me. They thought I had joined the dark side but little did they know I was saving everybody's life. I glanced at the caller ID and seen Kol's name. Of course, it was silly to think that any of the others had forgiven me.

"Hello?" I answered. It was slightly out of the blue for him to call, so I was worried in case something was wrong.

"Hi sweetheart, I've missed that sexy voice." He said and I rolled my eyes whilst Stefan's eyes widened. Awkward.

"What's up?" I asked.

"Where are you?" He asked.

"Out of town. Don't worry, I know what day it is. I guess I can quickly come to the grill for our darts game." I told him. Jeez, the loyalty to this darts tradition.