18 - Asta lavista baby

Blair's P.O.V

Saying nothing sometimes says the most. I've never really understood this quote before, but right now it scared the hell out of me. Because silence was what I heard when I woke up, and that surprised me. I expected to hear yelling and screaming, but there was just silence. Maybe I shouldn't have went to sleep last night... I should have stayed awake and made sure they didn't rip each other's heart out.

I stepped out of bed worried and crept down the corridor. Still silence. Please say nobody is dead, I prayed.

I walked into Stefan's room first and panicked when I seen he wasn't in bed. I had a really bad feeling... until I heard a noise on the other side of his bedroom. I stepped into the room and sighed a loud sigh of relief when I seen Stefan sitting at his desk with a book.
He turned around to face me when he heard me sigh and raised an eyebrow.

"Thank God! I thought you might have been dead!" I exclaimed and then stopped,

"Wait- my dad isn't dead is he?" I asked and he just smiled a pained smile and shook his head. Relief spread through me before guilt took over.

"I'm so sorry Stefan." I mumbled.

"It's okay, you're not to blame." He replied.

"I know but you shouldn't have found out like that!" I exclaimed.

"It's better than not finding out at all. If Damon and Elena had their own way, they would have never told me and I would have looked like an idiot. I suppose I should thank you." He replied. I could hear how heartbroken he was in his voice, I could see it in his eyes.

I gave him a bone crushing hug and he just stood there for a few moments before he hugged me back.

"Was there much arguing last night?" I asked and he shook his head,

"None at all."
I looked at him in confusion,

"I avoided your dad. I just came through my bedroom window. I didn't want to face them both last night." He replied and I nodded in understanding.

"I'm going to get some breakfast." I say and leave to go downstairs, he might want some time alone right now.

I was making myself some cereal when my dad entered the kitchen. I didn't know what to say at first so I just kept making my cereal and then sat down at the island. My dad was eyeing me.

"Please don't hate me." I muttered and ate a spoonful of lucky charms.

"I don't hate you. I'm just pissed." He replied.

"I know, I shouldn't have blurted it out like that. But do you really think it would be fair on Stefan if you and Elena had this dirty little secret?" I asked and he stayed silent.

"Exactly. He would have still been in a happy relationship with Elena but it would be fake. Plus, he would have found out one way or another. But still, I'm sorry." I said and he still stayed silent.

I finished my cereal and left to go and get dressed. I had lost track whether it was a school day or not as things had been pretty hectic, but I just decided to myself that it wasn't a school day, nobody will mind.

I chose to wear black skinny jeans with a white sweater and I kept my hair loose and curly. All of a sudden I heard lots of shouting from downstairs and my eyes widened and I immediately ran downstairs. I reached the bottom of the stairs and saw my Dad and Stefan both yelling at each other. It looked like things were about to get violent. My eyes widened,