34- Plan

Blair's P.O.V

Opening the front door, I walked into the living room and was about to plop down on the couch and relax like usual but I paused when I seen something unexpected on the ground. Mikael's corpse. He was grey and had a dagger in his chest.

"What the-" I begun but my dad shushed me and I realised Stefan was on the phone.

"Your father is dead." Stefan said, holding the phone in front of him whilst it was on loud speaker. There was a pause.

"What did you say to me?" Klaus asked slowly.

"Oh my mistake, not your actual father. Not dead. Mikael, he's daggered. What do you want me to do with the body?" Stefan asked casually.

"Well first, I want you to explain to me exactly what happened." Klaus replied.

"Mikael followed Elena here, tried to grab her to use her as bait. We vervained him to keep Elena safe, and in the process found he had a dagger. I assume he planned to use it on Rebekah or Elijah or Kol, but instead we drove it through his heart. Elena did the honours." Stefan explained.

"I want to speak to Rebekah. Where is Rebekah?" Klaus demanded.

"She's right here." Stefan replied and I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion and then realised Rebekah had suddenly appeared.

"It's true Nik. He's gone." She told him, taking the phone.

"I miss you." She told him.

"I'll be home soon." He replied and hung up. There was silence.

"What the hell is going on?" I asked, completely baffled about what I just witnessed.

"He bought it. He's coming back." Rebekah said and I raised my eyebrows in surprise.

"You're helping lure klaus back to mystic falls? So mikael can kill him?" I asked her and she nodded her head, uncertainty plastered on her face.

"Oh." I said. I really think that she will regret this. She loves Klaus, he's her brother. She's just acting out of anger.

"Anyway, I'm going home. I've done my bit, bye." Rebekah told us before disappearing home.

"Can we trust her?" My dad mused, glancing at stefan and I.

"She's just lured her brother back to mystic falls so that you can kill him. Of course you can trust her." I scoffed.

"Fair point." He nodded thoughtfully.

-

It was the day of homecoming and I was at school, helping set the place up for tonight. I was currently outside in the sun, decorating a streamer with Caroline and Tyler. It was a positive day with the sun shining and as much as I usually hate helping out with anything school related, I loved decorating.

"Hey can you give me the glitter gun. Thanks." Caroline asked me and I handed it to her and she turned and handed to other people, giving them strict instructions on what to do.

"Can we grab a bite?" Tyler asked.

"Good idea. I'm hungry." I agreed.