"We want you to go to a new school"

"Hey!" my mom shouted, though I don't call her a mother. "We want you to go to a new school." I sighed, starting the dishes.

"What new school?" I asked in a calm manner.

"One where you may be humiliated in. It's Kaibara High School." My mother scoffed, playing a movie on her TV.

"I'm sure I'll be humiliated anywhere I go, Kimo." I spoke with my mother's first name. Since I don't call her my mother, I speak of her first name.

"Don't talk back to your mother!" My father barged in from the front door, giving me his angered look of furrowed eyebrows and dark blue eyes.

"Ok, I won't." I retorted, wiping my wet hands against a towel nearby. I began to walk towards the hallway, hoping to get to my room before they both start yelling at me.

"If you don't come home sad tomorrow from school, we'll show you a beating." My father mentioned, causing me to continue my way.

"I will, Tanaka." I waved my father off before entering my room. My door shut behind me as I entered my only safe place. "I hate this estate."

I plopped myself onto my white bed, feeling a rush of cool blankets and sheets hit my skin. A sigh fell upon me as I realize tomorrow is a new start. The school I was in before would torture me; kids would constantly bully, but I never found out why.

"School, huh?"

Next Day

Ring. Ring. Ring.

My alarm clock kept screaming the same annoying sound as every other night. The sound immediately stopped to the impact of my hand swinging onto it. Lifting up the blankets, I pulled my legs over to touch the floor.

"Today's the first day of my new school." I grumbled to myself, getting on the new uniform. The navy blue skirt and shirt complimented my eyes pretty well. One glance in the mirror and I thought my eyes were blank slates. They're such a bright baby blue, they could've been mistaken for silver eyes.

I wasn't too hyped for school, but I can deal with it, as it is like any other school. My body pushed itself down the hall with my small backpack. I was lucky enough to spot Tanaka, but I did spot Kimo.

"Have a terrible day, bitch." Kimo barked while looking at the TV. I scoffed to her words and continued to walk past my house's threshold.

After crossing my patio, I was greeted by the sight of parted, flowering trees and fine, cut grass covering the ground around the estate. There would be different pathways that were paved or covered in stone that would lead to pavilions or small areas to talk or embrace the land. Though this estate was beautiful, The house I was living in was no where near a place I would call home, as I'd rather live on the street by my lonesome.

"Hey! Kiyomi!" The familiar shout made my head cock in it's direction.

"Oh, hi, Itsuki." I waved with an empty face.

"Can I walk with you to school?" he suggested with a small grin, walking by my side. I dropped my eyes to the paved ground, watching every step I took.

"I can't. I transferred to a different schools." I replied, giving him another glance.

"Oh, damn. Why?" I shrugged my shoulders in response, thinking of reasons that my parents would bother doing this.

"Well, you know how much they hate me. They want me to go to a new place to be bullied again." Itsuki gave me a small frown, looking towards the pavement.