"Getting tired?"

I almost felt a grin come across my face, though it feels like it's been forever since one appeared. Watching the trio speak amongst themselves about how open Kyo was being was quite entertaining. Kyo was blushing from embarrassment while Yuki was instigating a problem, Tohru trying to solve it. It was at that moment she began to laugh at his temper tantrum.

How was I able to make it into this group? Though, I acknowledge that I tend to distance myself from them, they still accept me. Why am I so lucky to have them as my friends? An instant chill washed over my exposed skin, making me hands reach for a towel ontop of the bag Tohru brought. I wrapped it around myself, waiting for the chill to leave.

"We should prolly head back." suggested Tohru.

"Yea, Yomi is ready." Kyo agreed, each person grabbing their own towel. I quickly put on my foot flops as I reached the pathway to the lake house.

"I guess this is one thing I'm lucky to have." I mumbled to myself, making sure the others wouldn't hear.

As I stepped ahead, the trio traced behind me. They would talk at times and during others, stay silent. Apart of me wanted to turn and start a conversation, but I didn't want to risk getting too close. If I was to do so, then I'd care too much and feel obligated to explain my curse. Eventually the trio caught up to me right before the lake house came into view.

"Thanks." I spoke softly.

"What?" Kyo asked, everyone looking my way.

"Thanks for bringing me here." I repeated, keeping my eyes forward.

"No problem. We can do it again sometime!" Tohru joyfully suggested, opening the door for everyone.

"Look at the kids, they're back." Shigure announced while standing to welcome us. His arms widened, it not being an invitation for a hug.

"Hi, Shigure." My reply was as empty as ever, walking towards my large backpack of clothes. My hands gripped for a short sleeved black shirt that was pretty baggy and a pair of shorts that were soft enough to sleep in.

"I'm going to change in the bathroom." I informed Tohru, her replying in a light nod. My feet pushed me forward a few steps to enter the bathroom. Quickly, I stripped and threw on my clothing, feeling the weight from how baggy the shirt is.

As my feet crossed the threshold of the door, I peered out to see if anyone was around, but there was no one. My eyebrow raised as it came to be suspicious. I entered the living room, placing the clothes back in my backpack, searching the area for anyone.

"Oh, well." I said, scratching the back of my head. The feeling of thirst overpowered my movements, causing me to walk towards the kitchen. Once my eyes aimed into the room, I was in instant shock.

"Happy birthday!" they all cheered, making me speechless. Was I supposed to go up and smile or hug them? This has never happened before. I've never had something as big as this, besides Itsuki giving me a present and saying the words.

"Birthday?" I questioned in a slight shocking tone. It was higher in pitch than normal.

"Yea, it's your birthday, isn't it?" Yuki asked as Tohru held the cake in her hands. Kyo and Shighre stood by the table as Yuki stood by Tohru, assuring the safety of the dessert.

"Sit down." Tohru commanded, making me do so. Apart of me felt confused as I completley forgot today was my birthday.

"It's my birthday today?" I asked once more, watching Tohru lower the cake in front of me.

"Yea, you didn't know?" Kyo asked, leaning forward on his knees. My legs were to one side of my body, looking down at the white cake with blue lettering saying, 'Happy Birthday, Yomi'.