"What happened to you?"

Resting my head in my arms, I shut my eyes.

Flashback

"Look at her." a girl whispered to another behind me. I turned my head to look at them.

"What about me?" my sweet voice asked, eyebrows raising slightly in worry.

"Your hair is so weird." Both girls began chuckling to the sight of me as my mood drew down.

"Hamasaki is so pathetic." One girl then stepped forward to my lunch table. She gripped the side of my tray with food and flipped it upwards. The hot soup poured out of the bowl, spilling all over my bare arms and pants. Out of pain, I stood while attempting to wipe away the heat.

"Ow! That's hurts!" My eyes welled in tears, the pain increasing on my arms.

"It's soup girl!" The kids around me were laughing, pointing to my wasted clothing and burned arms. I can't even thinking nor can I fight back. I'm too weak and pathetic to speak to them. They would never believe me. All I can do now is run. Running away was all I could ever do, proving that I am worthless girl they all speak of.

Flashback End

"Kiyomi." I felt my body shaking, causing my eyes to flutter open. Lifting my head, I noticed Tohru smiling beside me. "Everyone has already left." She stepped away from me. To my observations, it was true; everyone left and class was over.

"Oh, ok." I stood, swinging my backpack over my shoulder. A sigh fell upon me as my gaze darted towards the door. Tohru followed me to exit the classroom, lifting the corners of her mouth just slightly. Continuing down the silent hallway, none of us spoke to each other, but it seemed that she felt obligated to stay by my side.

"So, can I walk with you?" If only she didn't ask that question with a kind tone. I'm not one to allow other people know about my emotions. A gut feeling came to me; if I allow her to walk home with me then she may want to actually be my friend.

"I'd prefer not." Looking forward was easy, so I kept my eyes away from her chocolate ones.

"Ok. Have a good day, Kiyomi." Her wave was large, beaming her kind smile once more before she spoke. "Well, actually my house is this direction." Tohru chuckled nervously, sticking by my side. This was quite an awkward walk.

***

"This is my place." I spoke, standing in front of my family's estate, seeing the wooden gate with green shingles.

"I forgot you're a Hamasaki. My house is nearby, too." I nodded to her words, taking a few heavy steps forward as apart of me wanted to turn and leave this prison behind.

"Bye." I didn't bother to give her a glance, moving forward into the dark hole that I've grown up in.

"Bye, Kiyomi!" Tohru slowly continued to stroll down the sidewalk.

Opening the gate, I saw a boy with blue hair appear in front of my presence. He beamed while skipping beside me.

"How was the new school?" He stuffed his hands in his pockets, looking into my eyes. As Itsuki is the same height as I, it was easy to just look over at him.

"It was different. Better than our school." His dark blue eyes were ones I longed to have, since people would bother me and complain about my bright baby-blues.

"That's good." His large smile lessened as we found ourselves in front of my porch. I didn't want to walk inside. I didn't want to deal with my parents' shit and their screams.

"If you need help, please call me." That happy grin of his faded to a sincere face. I nodded, suddenly thinking of a time that my parents may take abuse too far.