"He became a rat?"

"Alright, class. Take a seat and we'll begin!" Ms. Mayu announced, stacking a few papers before standing in front of the class. "Actually, let's pause on that." Her eyes fell on mine. Instantly, I knew she was going to ask.

I presented a grin, though in pain, stuck with it as if it was life or death. Ms. Mayu took multiple steps to reach my desk, sensing a gaze from the orange haired boy beside me.

"What happened to you?" she whispered, leaning down slightly.

"It's makeup for a play at my estate." I replied heavily, not trying to hide my words. She approved with a nod and strolled towards her desk.

My bright eyes dropped to my desk, lowering my grin. All I can think about is the place I'll live after school. Where will I go and who will I see in the process?

"Why'd you lie?" Tohru mouthed, not speaking. I saw her mouth move a few desks in front of me, repeating the same words.

"Because." I mouthed back, staring at the board. Tohru must worry for me, even though we just met? She's just that person. A gaze looked in my direction, causing my head to flick to my left, noticing Kyo looking out the window.

***

"Kiyomi, can we walk home with you?" Tohru asked as others began to leave the classroom. Yuki and Kyo packed their things and stood by us.

"I'm not going home, so you can just walk without me." My emotionless tone seemed to have caused a small frown on Tohru's face.

"Why won't you walk with her?" Yuki questioned in a defensive tone.

"Yea? You trying to hurt her feelings?" Kyo did the same, both glaring at me with dark eyes. My blood began to boil as thoughts of that night reappeared in my mind.

"Stop, Tanaka!"

"Please!"

"That's not it." I almost shouted, but kept my cool. My backpack swung onto my shoulder, beginning to trot towards the exit.

"Hey! You're making her sad!" Yuki and Kyo both blurted.

"Guys, it's ok." Tohru assured, but both boys stomped towards me. My eyes widened as those footsteps sounded quite familiar to my father's.

"It's just a walk. It's easy to do." Yuki growled under his breath, both reaching my position behind me. I felt their slow breathing, instantly making me crouch. This feeling of hiding from the world intensified just like last night.

"Stop!" My shout had struck a nerve. Their glares disappeared as it seemed like they were more concerned. Tohru rushed to my position, kneeling beside me.

"Kiyomi?" She placed her hand on my shoulder.

"Please! Don't hurt me!" I became blinded. Tohru and the two boys disappeared. All I could see is my father and mother standing before me. They hit, slapped, punched, kicked, dragged, and tortured me over and over again in this vision. This fear was so great, apart of me wanted to die.

3rd P.O.V

"No one is hurting you." Kyo murmured, taking a step back as the girl before him seemed traumatized.

"Kiyomi." Tohru spoke softly, seeing the girl's wide, bright eyes displaying fear and hatred. Tohru grabbed her new friend's shoulder, pulling the girl close into her arms. "It's ok."

A little later, Kiyomi fell asleep beneath Tohru's head. Tohru shifted her look towards the boys.

"Can one of you carry her home?" Her soft voice made the boys feel obligated to do as she said, though they both reached for Kiyomi.