Chapter 1

If people find out about your secret it'll ruin your image.

I shot up from under my fluffy covers, drenched in sweat. Another stupid dream? I fought back the urge to yell while tugging at my hair.

"Natsuki! Hurry up! You have school! This isn't Kyoto anymore so get up and get ready!" I heard my mom shout from till downstairs.

I sighed, recollecting myself before getting out of bed to start my day.

New school....! Ah isn't it just great! I groaned in disappointment. Transferring to different schools was hard especially for a person like me. I hardly talk to anyone so how would I make decent friends?

I glanced at the time and saw I wasted 10 minutes so I quickly got ready before heading downstairs for breakfast.

"It's your first day Natsu please don't cause a ruckus" my mom told me when I entered the living room. I gave a smile to motion in agreement to her words.

"I'm off now" I said while grabbing a loaf of bread and stuffing it down my mouth before heading out with my backpack strapped to my back.

"Take the bus! You'll reach faster!" I heard my mom's voice coming from behind me. I simply nodded and left. I really didn't like taking the bus but I was late and if I walked to Seika High School I would be even later!

I made up my mind and decided to listen to my mom. I turned in the direction of the bus stop and stood by the shed awaiting for a bus to stop by. When one did, I had 20 minutes left before the bell called so I was surely in a rush. I had to force my way in as there were quite a few amount of people waiting to enter the bus. I somehow slithered my way in using my tiny body as an advantage. I scanned my card then plopped myself down in the front row by the door, the one surprisingly empty seat.

The girl next to me was wearing the same uniform as mine and she also wore glasses that fitted her face shape perfectly. She was sound asleep, her head bracing on the separation of the two parts for the windows on the bus. She was loosely holding a book in her hand which looked like her diary. When I was sure it was her diary and not a textbook I quickly adverted my eyes but before I could do anything the page somehow flipped and I saw these letters written boldly on the page.

Usui Takumi~

Guilt took over me but I turned my head away from her. I need to respect her privacy I thought to myself, clearing all the unnecessary thoughts that popped into my mind, but what were those words written in her book?

I was pulled from my thoughts when the bus came to a sudden halt.

It stopped right next to Seika High.

I awoke the girl next to me then left the bus, observing the school that was standing in front of me. There were neatly dressed students standing by the front gate intently looking at each student that passed them. I stood still, not knowing if I should go in or not.

"Those are just prefects. They're there to check if everyone's dressed according to the dress code and they're also there to count late students." I heard a squeaky voice broke out from behind me. When I turned around to face them I realized  it was the same girl I was sitting next to in the bus.

"We should get going then!" She exclaimed and took me by the hand, pulling me towards the school. "It's your first day right?" She asked. I nodded and continued to stare at everything new that came into sight. "I'll take you to the office." She offered, her hands were holding tightly onto mine.