Chapter 12

After heading inside, I went straight to my room and plunged myself on my bed. Today was chaotic but interesting!

I picked up my phone and stared at the screen before texting Usui. Why do I feel nervous? Why is my heart pounding? I'm just trying to send a message! I let the phone fall on my chest while I roll around the bed due to nervousness.

Remembering all the things that happened in the past now made our friendship different. It wasn't just about me having to do whatever he said because I wanted to keep my secret private. It was now about us being friends again after all these years. It felt like we started over anew.

I sat upright and brought my phone to my face. "Alien is typing.." was what I saw and started to panic. Wait...why am I overreacting? He doesn't like me anymore and I never liked him, r-right?

Alien
Alien: About what I said earlier... -7:08 pm

When I read the first message I was now serious.

Alien: The person who started the rumor about you is Yui. -7:09 pm

Alien: She started it all but I don't exactly know why...

I was left staring at my phone, dumbstruck and in disbelief. What? Yui did it? But why?

Me: Are you sure it's her? -7:12pm

Alien: Yeah. Nezu told me but she was unsure why she went that far- -7:15 pm

Me: Why did she do it? What was the reason? (Cardi b- I'm sorry) -7: 15 pm

Alien: I don't know but we have to find out. What are we going to do? -7:16 pm

I fell back in my bed to think about it for a while. Why would she do it? What's her reason? Usui's done enough, I should figure this out on my own.

Me: Don't worry I'll see how I'll find out. She's in my class after all and I sit behind her so it'll be much easier. You don't have to worry. -7:20 pm

Alien: Ask me if you need help -7:21 pm

After I cleared up everything with Usui, I went to bed with a smile on my face. Things are going great for the time being which was suspicious but it's better to appreciate it while you have the greatness.

I fell asleep quickly and had a good night's rest.

The next morning I had woken up early to get to school on time. While I was brushing my teeth I was rattling my brain, thinking about how I'd casually approach her.

I hadn't talked to her in a while but I didn't expect her to be the one to start this!

After getting ready and eating breakfast, I was about to leave when I saw my mom sitting on the couch in the living room with a bunch of papers scattered around her and she had her face buried in her hands.

I turned in her direction and walked towards her. I stooped down and gently touched her shoulder.

"Mom? Is everything okay?" I asked worriedly. She was quietly sobbing into her hands.

"Mom?" I called out once more and she finally looked up at me.

"Sweetie...he's getting worse..", she managed to say in between her sobs. I looked at her and tears were forming in my eyes.

"Don't worry too much mom... I've saved enough. We can finally use it now. We can pay the fees for his treatment now." I squeezed both of her hands and brought it to my cheek. "We'll get through this and so will dad." I said through sniffles. I wiped the tears that rolled down my cheek and got up.