Chapter 10

He literally walked past me without batting an eye.

I stopped in my tracks, unaware of what just happened. I was left dumbfounded as I watched him walk off with Nezu.

What just happened?!

I pushed all those thoughts aside and went to my class. Yui was sitting there with a grin on her face when she saw me enter. I threw my bag in my chair and went to the washroom. I pulled out my phone from my pocket and texted Usui.

Alien~
What's going on?! Is the plan still on?! -8:21 am

WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH NEZU?! ARE YOU GOING WITH THE PLAN?! -8:23 am

WHAT THE HELL'S WRONG? YOU DIDN'T CALL OR TEXT ME LAST NIGHT TO SAY WETHER YOU'RE AGREEING OR DISAGREEING TO THE PLAN AND NOW YOU'RE WITH HER?! -8:24

I watched as the messages turned blue but he didn't respond to any. What the fuck's going on?! I was in the washroom, confused and angry. I rubbed my temples, trying to compose myself then walked out of the washroom. I powered off my phone and shoved it in my pocket then went back to my classroom. I wasn't going to question what he was doing. I knew I shouldn't have trusted him. I caused this upon myself.

I went back to my seat quietly and rested my head on the desk, facing the window. I'll try to stop whatever shit's going around about me on my own. Earlier, while I was walking to school I overheard another group of children gossiping about me, mainly the nasty part. Seriously again? Even if that part was true, why are they so pressed about it?! Isn't it my life?!

For the 2 weeks that past after Usui started 'going out' with Nezu, he never contacted me and continued to ignore me. Whenever he saw me in the hall he'd walk the other way. At that point I couldn't care less. Yui on the other hand seemed like she was enjoying watching me all alone. No one talked to me because of the rumor, Usui also stopped talking to me and Yui herself hanged around Nezu more. How was I going to find out how to stop Nezu? How was I going to make her take back what she said about me? Did she even spread the rumor?!

Nothing was making sense at the moment. I was slowly on the edge of giving up but something in me made me continue. I can do this! I just need to find a way to get to Nezu but she's always with Usui now!

"Not coming with Usui anymore, huh?" Yui said tauntingly as she watched me walk in the classroom. I looked at her and rolled my eyes. She seemed to like the fact that I wasn't hanging around him now.

"Like I said and always will say, there was nothing between us." I huffed, dropping my head down on my desk again, staring out the window.

For the 2 more weeks that went by after Usui was with Nezu, I was just left in a daze and didn't bother with anything around me. Rumors about them were going around that they were dating but I couldn't care less. Even if he told them about the true me it wouldn't matter. That'll just add more fuel to the fire. I just didn't care what others said about me anymore and focused mainly on helping my family.

A month later

I was walking home with my head hung low, kicking the tiny bricks that were in my path. Life was exhausting and I was just tired of it. The rumors about me wasn't completely dead yet but due to them I was looked down on and people laughed at me, whispering stuff about me behind my back.

Life's so fucking great!

I was still walking when I felt my phone vibrate. It was constantly vibrating meaning someone was calling me. When I checked the name it was Usui. After a whole month he decides to call?! I stewed my teeth and slid my finger across the screen to decline the call but I accidentally slid it the wrong way. When I realized what I did I yelled "fuck" under my breath.