Chapter 2

I wandered around outside by myself after the bell called for lunch. I was already settled down in class right behind Yui so I wasn't lonely at all. She usually likes to talk a lot and even though I've only met her today I learnt a lot about her.

He rejects other girls? With a face like that? I pinched myself when I realized I was thinking of him.

I didn't know him nor did he know me so why is he on my mind?

I continued to walk through the corridor with my mind in the clouds. When I reached the first floor opening I went towards the sink outside to wash my face. I hated how clustered I felt in the classroom and I was in need of fresh air so I had decided to step out.

As I was washing my face I a heard noise coming from the school building next to me.

"I really like you! Please accept this gift!" As the stupidly curious person I was, I moved closer to hear.

"Why won't you say anything?" Her voice was shaky and it sounded like she was on the verge of crying. I couldn't see who she was or who she was talking to but for some reason I was enraged.

Why do I feel the need to step in? This has nothing to do with me...

"I don't have feelings for you so stop. It's useless." The dude who she was confessing to finally spoke up. His voice was lifeless and cold.

I wanted to intervene but it wasn't my place. What if I make it worse? Just when I was about to walk away I heard footsteps coming towards me from their direction. When I peeped I saw that it was him, Usui.

When he made the turn to face my direction to head back into the first floor I stretched out my foot and 'accidentally' tripped him.

"Oops" I muttered, trying so hard to hold back my laughter. He just glared at me from head to toe, smirked, then left.

What's that look for?

That didn't really bother me at the moment, I was just worried about the girl who was crying at the side of the school. When I made my way there she was already gone. Was all of that for nothing? I'm pretty sure Usui would brush past it since all I did was trip him on accident and he doesn't seem like the type to overreact seeing how calmly he turned down the girl's confession.

~

After a long day of school and having to introduce myself to every teacher that came into our class I was exhausted but I still couldn't go home to rest. The thing that I was afraid of people from Seika High finding out was that I worked as a literal maid, cleaning houses for money to help my parents. Both of them are sick and where we live wasn't quite luxurious but we made do.

Why am I embarrassed of this? In my school at Kyoto, some students found out the tragedy I was in but twisted the rumors saying I was 'getting in random guys pants' for money. Those rumors spread throughout the entire school and since I was a very distinguished student it was bad for my image and I slowly started to crumble. They'd call me inappropriate names and throw money in my face saying I was a whore. Though from the beginning I wanted to take action I couldn't because there was a high chance I could have gotten expelled. No one wanted to listen to me, the truth was buried under lies and rumors spread by other students, though I wasn't sure who did it and why I couldn't have cared less.

During that time both my parents were struggling and we couldn't afford to pay the rent so we had to moved back to our house in Tokyo. The house was old and rundown but we had to make use of it. Right after moving I found a small company hiring people to do shifts of cleaning whenever they got calls and the pay was really good so I had no choice.

Today was my first day and my shift was afternoon, surprisingly right after school and the person who called just wanted a light clean of their place and I was the only one free that time so I had to go.

After putting much effort into cleaning their place I was finally paid then left for home.

I stopped by a convenient store along the way because we were running low on quite a lot of ingredients and house supplies. While I was concentrating on thinking of everything that we needed I felt a dark presence coming from behind me, burning holes into my back.

"Nastuki Soma....what an interesting name" the sound of the person's voice sent shivers down my spine. I was praying it wasn't who I thought it was but it didn't go my way. Of course it had to be Usui!

"You..." I was at a loss of words. "How do you know my name?" I raised my brows in confusion.

He didn't say anything else just yet but continued to observe me.

"You're new here aren't you?" He asked while flipping his hands through the isle.

I just nodded my head and continued to look for the ingredients I needed. "Was she your friend?" He questioned, hinting with anticipation.

"No...but you should've turned her down politely." I accidentally blabbered what was on my mind. He raised his brow and grinned. "Why? Are you afraid if you confess I'd do the same to you?"

He's so full of himself! Ugh.

"Please- you're the last person I'd want to confess to! You weirdo! And I only just met you!" I stomped off, marching my way towards the cashier to pay for my stuff then left without looking back at him.

Confess to him? I barely even know him!

I walked home peacefully, happy that I finally got to buy more food supplies for us and also happy that I had left over money to buy something more for my parents.

I was exhausted from my long day of work but I still had the energy to make their favorite soup. My mom, Nanori Soma, who was a home chef had recently stopped her job due to my father's illness. I solely took on the responsibility to save money to help them and to also look after both of them.

"Mom? Dad? I got the ingredients for your favorite soup!" I announced loudly so they'd both hear as I walked in. My dad was braced on the wall with a huge smile on his face. "Today couldn't get any better" he chuckled then helped me carry the bags into the kitchen.

~

"So...how was your first day??" My mom asked anxiously. They both knew what happened in Kyoto and because of that they pushed for us to move here.

"It was actually not that bad. I made a friend! Her name is Yui." They both exchanged glances then looked back at me.

"Just be careful who you're friends with, alright?" My dad added.

That was my real problem. How do I know I can trust her?

|A/N |
Yeah it's going a bit slow but that's alright for now. I don't know if this is going good but well, we'll just have to see how this plays out :)