Chapter 4

"Will you use this against me then?"

I was quite serious with my question. I needed to know exactly where I stood and where he was.

He looked at me sternly, like he was deep in thought.

"Are you going to tell the others about me?"

"Are you going to spread rumors about me?"

"Will you expose me to everyone?"

When I thought about what possible outcome would come to past I was reminded of before. I was reminded of how much I struggled because of the actions of others.

"Hey...." I stopped for a second, "nevermind." No matter how much suffering I went through, I couldn't bring myself to beg at someone's knees for what I wanted.

"I'll just go", I didn't wait for him to answer me. He sat there for a while not saying anything and I couldn't take the silence at that crucial moment so I left. He didn't even try to stop me.

He's definitely going to twist it into something weird also, isn't he? Was he staying quiet because he was planning on what to do once we get to school?!

I couldn't take it. My mind was totally clouded and I couldn't even walk properly. I walked around aimlessly with no destination in mind. What would I do if he told someone else? Does he pity me? Do I look like a hopeless kid? Am I overreacting? 

I was so caught up in my imagination that I had forgotten that I was still walking in the real world.

"Watch where you're going, won't you?" I felt a hand on my forehead. When I looked up I realized Usui was in front of me with a hand on my forehead. I was surprised and flustered because he was was too close to me.

"I saved you from hitting your head on that post, a thank you would be appreciative." He was full of himself as always. I responded with a forced smile totally on purpose. "Why are you here? Are you following me?" I was looking at him in confusion. He just rolled his eyes at me before moving his hand away from my face.

"I wasn't" was all he said to me. He grabbed onto my hand and began to walk. "Where are we going? Why are you doing this? Hey, at least answer me!" I was frustrated and annoyed for some reason. I was on edge because he found out about me but I was also angry that I was going to fall for one of his plays.

"Just trust me, okay? I'm not kidnapping you" he let out a low chuckle and continued to walk towards what looked like a cafe. "Are you going to this cafe? Why do I have to come?"  He looked at me with oddly innocent eyes. "Let's sort things out in there. It'll be much more comfortable for the both of us." 

Sort things out? What is he talking about? Is it about what he'd do now how he knows my secret??

......

"Natsuki? You're spacing out. Are you worried?" He sat in the chair opposite mine with a latte in his hand and I had a cup of coffee in mine. "Me? worried?" I laughed awkwardly, taking a sip of coffee to calm my nerves.

"Just cut straight to the point." For some reason I was indeed worried. I was sitting on the edge of my seat, impatiently tapping my heels on the floor. I have the right to be worried, don't I? I certainly didn't want what happened in my last school to happen again so whatever comes out of his mouth I must find a way to not let it get to others.

"I won't tell anyone, if that's what you're worried about. I don't gossip about others." He said straightforwardly. "But....", his tone trailed off. A grin was tugging at the corner of his lips. "I have one condition." At first I was genuinely happy and was filled with relief but when I heard him continue I felt like I was going to die. My soul was sucked out of me and I couldn't feel my body.

I didn't need to be a genius to know what that condition would be. I watched a lot of dramas and read a lot of manhuas to know how this would end.

"And your condition is?"

I sucked in a deep breath, preparing myself for the worst. What is his condition going to be? Will he use me for schoolwork? Am I even smarter than him? Judging by where he lives I could tell he was really loaded....

"You'll have to do everything I tell you until I feel the need to stop." A smile was on his face, a rather lucrative one.

Am I surprised?

Partially....

~

That night I couldn't sleep properly. I was thinking about what he'd make me do. Humiliate me? Use me? It was draining my energy to even think about it more. I was twisting and turning in my bed out of more frustration.

Get it together Natsuki! You'll never fall to the knees of any man!

I had a day left until I'd see him back at school. What's he going to do? Why am I worrying so much? It'll be fine.....r-right?

~

"Come on Natsu! Time for school!" My mom yelled a second time for me to wake up. I was not the mood to even move a muscle probably because of staying up all night thinking about that alien.

"NATSUKI" my mom's voice roared, scaring me.

"Yes! I'm coming." I sighed and got up from bed, the usual. I got ready, brushed my teeth and headed downstairs.

I saw my mom in the kitchen but dad wasn't there in his usual spot in the living room. "Where's dad?" I was missing him. I missed how we were before we found out about his illness. I missed how carefree and happy we were. "Oh...he's still resting. About your father...he's getting really weak and what the doctor said was true. He's getting weaker day by day because he's not getting treated." A tear rolled down her cheek and she fell to her knees. "What will we do? We don't have the money to pay for the treatment...we don't even have money to pay for our bills...Natsuki what will we do??" I also dropped to my knees when I heard how broken she was. I couldn't hold back the tears that filled up in my eyes. We were both sobbing while sitting on the floor.

"D-don't worry too much mom. I'll get more part time jobs! I'll find a way to earn money for us. Don't worry yourself, just take care of dad." I was determined to help my family no matter how much I had to take on. Seeing my mom cry every now and then was painful and some days I couldn't take it. I wanted to tell her everything was fine and she didn't have to worry but I couldn't. Even I knew that the situation we were in was far from getting better.

"Natsuki....what would I do without you?" My mom pulled me into an embrace and continued to sob. I held onto her tightly and cried with her. I need money! I need to focus on my part time jobs! I have to fix this!

.....

After consoling both my mom and myself I left for school. It was my second week and someone already found about my secret, but why him? Why him of all persons?! I barely know him.

Why is my life going downhill since I moved here??