jealousy, jealousy - guy germaine

I have a huge crush on Guy, but I'm too scared to do anything about it. Everyone tells me to tell him, because apparently he likes me too, but I don't think that's true. He's always hanging out with Connie, and she's so much better than I am. She's prettier, more athletic, funnier, and smarter. I'm just me. Nothing special.
     Today, Adam is having us all over for a team swim party, and I'm excited, but also nervous. Guy is going to be there, and I'm going to be in a swimsuit. Oh no. Before I could fret any longer, Julie walked into my room and told me to get dressed. She pulled out a bikini from one of drawers and told me to wear it because I "look amazing in it". Whatever. I threw the bikini on and put my hair into two dutch braids. I put on my cover-up and sandals on and Julie pulled me out the door before I could worry about my body. We made it to Adam's and we're the last ones there. We walked out back and Guy was there splashing around with Connie. "I'm going to get in Y/n, why don't you get in to?" "Why not? I'll be there in just a second Julie." I sat my stuff down on a lounge chair and forced myself to pull my cover-up off. I stopped myself from looking down at my body and just got into the pool as fast as I could without looking like a crazy person. I swam up to where Julie was taking with Adam and Connie. "Hey Y/n!" "Hey Connie." "You look amazing in that bikini Y/n. I wish I looked that good in a bikini." "What are you talking about? You're gorgeous!" "Thank you." She smiled and I smiled back. "Glad you could make it Y/n."
"Thanks Adam. Your house is amazing." I looked over to see Guy quickly looking away. "What was that about?" I thought. 
     A little while later we all decided to get out and go eat and as I got out, I saw Connie getting out, and she looked amazing. This made me overly self conscious and I couldn't control myself. I walked up to Adam. "Hey Adam? Is there somewhere I can go to just kinda calm down?" "Yeah, my room is upstairs to the right!" "Thank you so much." I hurried upstairs as fast as I could and found his room. I sat down on his bed and made myself take deep breaths trying to calm down. After a couple minutes I heard the door open and looked up to see Guy. "Y/n? What's the matter?" "Uh nothing, I'm fine." "You're not fine. You can tell me anything." "Well, here goes nothing." I rambled on and on. "I'm so sick of myself, I'd rather be anyone else." He looked upset. "Y/n..." "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have told you all that." I got up to leave." "Wait." He pulled me back down to the bed. "Y/n. Why didn't you just tell me? I like you too. Like a lot. I always thought you liked Adam because he's taller and smarter and I just didn't know how to act. Connie was the only person who knew." "Really? As you can probably tell, I like you too." He pulled me into a hug and we sat there for a bit, letting me calm down. As we walked down the stairs, he looked at me and smiled. "You know, you look stunning." "Thank you. You look pretty good yourself Germaine." He kissed me on the cheek and I giggled.

a couple weeks later
     Guy had asked me out and I said yes. I was now his girlfriend! This is crazy. Connie and I are on better terms now that I'm not jealous of her and life is great. Guy makes me feel like the most important person in the world, and I love him.