19 - Harry | Alliance

I made a stupid decision

Well, considering I was very fucking confused and my brain was being fueled by adrenaline, I actually gave Cleo some money so she could go to the convenience store down the street so she could buy some clothes, the basics to take care of our wounds, and some water.

Yes, I actually have her money and I only stopped to realize how dumb that was when she was crossing the street, without looking back.

She was probably gone for good, taking the money for herself and running off to god knows where and I'd have to figure out how the fuck to find her. I was too lost in my thoughts to even consider that she could leave, mainly because I still couldn't believe she was in the car with me... and someone had literally just tried to kill us.

I was currently stealing another car, you could never be too safe. While she went to the store I simply picked a simple black model that wouldn't draw attention and it could be mistaken easily by how common it was. It was easy to break in, I was very good at opening things.

But now I was parked in a random parking lot a few feet away from the store, as I secretly hoped Cleo would be back, and I was also overthinking while I had a gunshot wound on my shoulder and a fresh cut on my throat.

And let's not forget the cut on my bottom lip that kept reminding me that I fucking kissed Cleo.

Fuck.

I was really fucking lost, I didn't know how to process any of this and my mind was still stuck on the fact that someone set us up. I hated being so fucking helpless, sometimes it was too easy to get lost in my own head.

This had to be all planned... me running into Cleo, thinking she was behind this... being together and alone at the same place, vulnerable because of our useless theories. When I saw the pictures inside the envelope I was so fucking pissed, I hated having my privacy invaded like this and Zayn was even in one of them. He couldn't be in danger, I wouldn't forgive myself if anything happened to him.

Whoever was spying on me and Cleo was doing it very well, I never fucking expected this... and I was sure this was the same person following me in that SUV, it had to be.

A lot happened in such a short period of time and I blamed Cleo for leaving me a fucking mess. After we kissed, my brain was working in slow motion, replaying every single touch and small detail over and over again until I memorized it all, her taste was stuck on my tongue.

And also the way she had tricked me, prepared to kill me with a simple movement of her hand if we hadn't been interrupted by who knocked on the door.

This was some creepy ass shit, I couldn't believe it was happening and it didn't make any sense. Nothing made sense.

I honestly didn't even know why I told Cleo to come with me, but it was clear we were both targets of the same person and it seemed like the smart thing to do... I had to figure out what was going on, she was just as involved as I was and she was a piece of the puzzle.

A piece I probably lost-

"You look like you're dying." Her voice startled me and I practically jumped from my seat, watching as she walked around the car and opened the passenger's door.

I was parked at the back of a parking lot, in between other cars to keep us hidden, the only light was coming from a single lamppost a few feet away.