72 - Harry | Hateful

I was having a shit day already and I fucking wished I could live inside the nice and very pleasant bubble Cleo and I had been enjoying for the past two days, but life just had to fuck it all up

There wasn't much we could do in general about the list, and our patience was hanging by a very thin thread as we waited... I felt so fucking useless like this, I hated being dependent on anyone, especially the fucking FBI.

Cleo was trying to keep my calm before I could actually do something stupid and impulsive... such as following the plan I had told her about.
I didn't trust Amber at all and I just knew that the missing piece in order for us to finally figure out the list was learning the truth about the trafficking and our families working together. And we could learn that straight from the source.

Some basic questions had to be answered... and if Amber was right about her theory involving those two kids she couldn't track, then what was better than to ask the people responsible for the trafficking itself?

I just fucking knew my father and Catherine knew a lot of useful shit and this FBI method of waiting around and strategizing was fucking boring and slow.

Bureaucracy sucked.

But I was trying to play along and wait... I still had to pretend everything was normal so no one would suspect anything, and I kinda forgot I had to tell my father I was done with the whole 'list' job.
Well, I was done with the targets now since the last one got himself arrested, and when my dad called me last night I had to tell him the truth before he could start asking too many questions.

Listening to his voice made me sick and so fucking angry, but Cleo had a point when she told me I had to keep living my life as if nothing had changed.
She was hidden in my house because her mother would most definitely never imagine she was there, and she didn't actually have to do anything for now... I sadly had work to do and a business to run because my father was fucking lazy, Tais was just temporarily taking care of things until I got back.

So that's why my father asked me to stop by his apartment today... so we could talk about my job and discuss some shit related to Zayn and the time he was missing.

Zayn was back to work now but that didn't change the fact everything was fucking chaotic while he was gone. I was sure my father lost a lot of deals, I couldn't care less.

I didn't look for anyone to replace Zayn and I was sure the only person who even had a problem with him was my father. But this only started after dear Desmond found out I used to fuck him, Zayn was actually really good at his job and very smart.
It was so weird to think about our lives now that we knew the FBI was working on a case involving my family, and also the small detail that someone unknown had kidnapped Zayn and it was probably the same someone who gave us the list. My brain was a mess, life would never feel normal again.
I just wanted to know how this trafficking business worked for him and Catherine... fuck, how I wanted to ask them how they managed to sleep at night knowing the children they sold were being violated by whoever bought them.