Nothing Left To Say

HEYLO! SO it's Saturday, I DID IT! OK so if you vote this story I'll give you a cookie, not even joking :D I HOPE YOUR DAY WAS GREAT! Did you know that I'm eating pizza as I write this? It's really good. OK ANYWAY- I hope you guys like this story, but just warning you, prepare for heartbreak. TONS OF IT! CARRY ON! (my wayward son, there'll be peace when you are done, lay your weary head to rest, DONT YOU CRY NO MORE -awesome guitar solo-!!!!!)

Autumn POV

I climb the stairs slowly and confused. Why do I have to check on Jamie? What did Jess mean when she said I was one of them? One of what?

"Jamie?" I say when I reach his door, knocking. When he doesn't answer I let myself in. Everything looks normal. Jamie's sleeping, his lamp is on and music is playing softly. It's so normal I start to leave, thinking that the ghost was crazy, that I'm crazy. I freeze in my tracks when I spot the bottle sitting on the nightstand. Noticing that it's the same size as the object Riley gave him earlier, I read the lable. Sleeping pills. And the bottle is empty.

"Jamie!" I scream, shaking him, bottle still clutched in my hand. "C'mon, wake up!" My eyes turn watery, making it hard to see.

"Dad!" I yell, my voice cracking. He comes up the stairs as fast as he can. When he sees me and the scene in front of him,  he goes into dad mode.

"Call 9-1-1." He pushes me out of the way, leaning over Jamie. I don't move, only stare, more tears forming in my eyes. "Go!" His voice booms, making the whole house shake.

My hands are shaking, making it hard to dial the number. It takes three tries before I finally succeed.

"9-1-1, what's your emergency?"

______________________________________________________________________________

 They won't let me in to see my brother. I'm sitting in the waiting room waiting to see him. It's driving me crazy. I have no idea if Jamie is alive and it's breaking me. If I have to sit here the whole time he's in the hospital I'll be put into a mental hospital.

"Autumn?" My dad comes up to me. He was the only one allowed back by him. They thought it would be too traumatic for me. "You can come back now."

I don't hesitate, practically running to Jamie's room. I pause in the doorway, the sight in front of me taking my breath away.

Jamie has tubes sticking out every direction. Each tube looks more ominous than the next. His face pale except for his eyes, which are oddly yellow.

"Why isn't he awake?" I ask my dad.

"The pills had enough time to get into his bloodstream. He-he's in a coma." His voice cracks on the last word.

"Coma?" I whisper so only I can hear. I put my hand over my eyes. Why would he do this? I thought he was happy. I feel terrible that I didn't listen to him, didn't see him. I'm a terrible sister.

A nurse knocks on the door. "You have a visitor." She moves out of the way, revealing Riley.

"I need some air." I say, pushing past him. The person at the front desk looks at me like I have two heads as I walk out of the hospital. I keep walking until I get to the parking lot, that's when I break. My eyes blur and I double over, my hands on my knees. Someone touches my shoulder. The flood of images let's me know who it is without turning around.

"Don't touch me." I yank my shoulder out of Riley's grip. But not before I see a familiar bottle. My fists ball up and I lunge at him.

"You did this to him!" I punch his chest, over and over again. He doesn't move, just takes the punches.

After awhile he folds me into his arms. "Autumn, shhh." He makes sure he's only touching my clothes. He seems nervous, looking around to make sure no one sees this. "I helped him." He whispers.

"You're sick." I say harshly, shoving him back. He stumbles, arms still suspended in the air, looking shocked.

I walk back towards the hospital, not looking back, leaving him alone with the last words I'll ever say to him.

_____________________________________________________________________________

"Autumn, hey." My dad shakes me awake. My back and neck are stiff to the point of pain. Guess I shouldn't sleep on the recliner.

"What?" I rub my eyes. It's still dark out, maybe six in the morning.

"I'm going to get breakfast. Want anything?" He asks.

"No, I'm fine. Thanks though." I watch him leave, listening to the click of the door closing, before going off into my thoughts. I can't exactly go back to sleep now that I realize all of this wasn't just a bad dream.

Riley didn't follow me back inside last night. Thank god. I didn't want to face him. I didn't want to see his beautiful chocolate eyes that make me melt. I didn't want to see his hurt expression when I shoved him away from me.

Honestly, I want to see him again. But I can't.

Because he will be the end of me.