Wishing You Well

"Mom?" I whisper, wondering if this is actually real.

"Look at you, you're all grown up." Mary, my mother says. She looks the same as I remember her. Tan skin, blue eyes, auburn hair, and a evil personality.

"What are you doing here?" My voice is filled with a mix of confusion and anger. I cross my arms over my chest, completely furious that she has the guts to show up. "It only took one of your kid's deaths to come back, huh?" I glare into her fake sympathetic stare.

Mary sniffles and reaches for her purse to pull out some tissues. I grab her wrist, stopping her. "You have no right to cry, Mary."

"I may have left you, but I'm still your mom." She hisses at me, yanking her hand out of my grasp.

"Mary?" I turn to see my dad standing there, his eyes filled with love and heart break. It only makes me more angry.

"What are you doing here?" Unlike mine, his voice is filled with excitement. He walks up to her, grabbing both her hands and holding them to his chest.

"I heard about Jamie, I wanted to see him." She cries, trying to gain his attention. She succeeds. He pulls her into a tight hug, rubbing her back and whispering to her.

I roll my eyes. This sight is sickening. He can't possibly be falling for her trick again. A man walks up behind them. His brown hair gelled down and his eyes full of sympathy.

"Rufus, this is my husband Joe." She moves to the man's, Joe's, side. My dad's hands stay suspened in air, as if he can't believe what just happened. His face falls and his eyes crinkle with sadness as he stands straighter. It hurts to see him like this. A tear slips down my face as I watch his heart break to a million pieces because of her. For the second time.

"Oh Autumn, don't cry Jamie's eating cheerios in heaven with the angels." Mary says, misinterpreting why I'm crying. I turn to her, eyes filling with angry tears.

"Mama, we all go to hell." I smirk at her. I turn to leave but don't get far before she grabs my arm.

A wave of images pass before my eyes. They move so fast I can't understand what's happening in them. They stop when they reach what she thinks is her biggest mistake.

Me.

I yank my hand out of her grasp, tears overflowing and blurring my vision. I let her see my face one last time, what she did to me, before turning away. My dad yells my name but I keep moving. I have to keep moving, have to get away from here.

"Autumn!" Riley's voice fills my ears. I slow, but don't stop. "Hey, stop. What's wrong?" He runs in front of me, forcing me to stop.

"Leave me alone, Riley." I mumble, wiping tears from my eyes. He continues to stand there. "Move!" I yell as I try to push past him. He doesn't let me. I stare at him, rage spreading through every bone of my body and every inch of my skin. It only takes one look at his eyes to make it dissolve. "Please, just move." He doesn't budge.

"Why can't we be friends?" He whispers. His eyes are vibrant with heartache. I stare at him for a few moments before moving my eyes to the ground. "Answer me!" He half-yells at me.

"Because I'm broken!" I yell back. Realization hits me, freezing me to my spot. "I'm broken." I whisper. He grabs my chin gently, making me turn my head towards him. He looks into my eyes with warmth.

"Then let me fix you."