Day One of Agony

Hola amigos, well welcome to Almost a Typical Teenager. The person in the media is Autumn.... Well I hope you enjoy this story! How ya doing today? I'm doing great! Well, don't forget to vote and comment if you like this! READ ON MY FWIENDS!

Autumn POV

I had a strange sense of relief as I looked down the face of the cliff. The sky was gloomy and gray around me.

I take a deep breath and hold out my arms, preparing to jump.

Someone delays my fall by calling my name. I slowly turn to see him running towards me with fear painting his features.

A single tear slips down my face as I say a silent goodbye to him.

Then

I

Fall.

************************************************************************************************

I wake up from my dream in a cold sweat. It's been haunting me since I was ten years old.

My dad would hold me at night and tell me it would be okay. As I got older I just learned to keep my mouth shut before he took me to a shrink.

My dad knocks and pokes his head in my room. "Hey, get up, get ready for school." Ugh, great. Today I go to a new school. I have to make new friends, not that I had any before.

My dad decided to move us to a secluded town in Wisconsin from our home in Arizona because he says we needed a fresh start.

My mom left us when me and my twin brother Jamie were six. We were an accident, so says dad. Our parents never got married, and they never expected to have a kid let alone twins.

I guess she just got overwhelmed so she left. My dad couldn't take living there anymore. He genuinely loved her, and she broke him.

I hate her for that.

"Autumn! Get your lazy butt down here! We're going to be late!" Jamie yells. I drag myself from bed and throw on some clothes, not really caring if they look good or not.

If I can just get through today, tomorrow will be better.

********************************************************************************************************

"You see what you did! We're late!" Jamie points to the clock on the dashboard that says that we are five minutes late.

"Maybe they'll give us a free pass. I mean, it is our first day." I point out to him. Let's just hope this school isn't strict.

"We can make it." He says. I know we can too. Jamie has always been performing miracles when it comes to being on time.

Before I know it we're at school with two minutes to spare. We get out of the car and Jamie gives me the game plan. "We're going to go to the office and tell them that we're new. That way we have the excuse that the office was showing us around."

"Don't you think that being new is excuse enough?" I ask him. He shakes his head and laughs.

"Yeah, it is. But that's too easy. Now come on. Work your magic." He pushes me towards the office window.

"Uh, hi. We're new." The lady at the desk looks like she needs to retire. Her glasses are perched on the bridge of her nose when she looks up.

"Jamie and Autumn Phillips?" She asks, pulling out papers from her desk beside her.

"Yeah." I say quietly. She hands us our schedules and smiles at us.

"Would you like a tour so it's easier to get around?" She asks. Jamie and I nod.

"Okay, well let's get going then." She leaves her tiny desk in the office to walk around the school and show us around.

I instantly feel guilty because she hobbles more than walks. She genuinely is struggling to keep up with us. Jamie and I walk as slowly as possible and pretend to be taking things in so she can take breaks.

She shows us to our first class, which is English. "Mrs. Ralphs, this is Autumn and Jamie Phillips."

"Welcome!" She leads us to the front of the classroom. The office lady leaves us with this lady who looks like the devil herself.

She touches my shoulder and I flinch. When I got my first period, I started getting these visions when people touched me. Most of them were of bad things. Others were just little things like lying. Apparently Mrs. Ralphs here is cheating on her husband with his best friend. That's something I didn't want to know.

I close my eyes to try to get rid of the picture but it burns into my mind.

"Anything you'd like to tell us?" She looks at me with an apologetic look and takes her hand back. I smile at her to let her know it's okay.

"No I think we're good." Jamie says, rocking back on his heels.

"Okay well, Jamie you can take your seat next to Pat and Autumn you can sit next to Riley." I look at the seat she's pointing to at the back of the class and make my way towards it.

The guy, Riley, looks at me as I sit down. When I look at him I'm overcome with recognition and guilt. The guilt is so strong it makes me double over. Tears blur my vision as I gasp for breath.

"Are you okay?" Someone says. I nod to them even though I'm not sure.

"Do you need the nurse?" Mrs. Ralphs is next to me. When I don't answer she gets even more worried.

"Riley, take her." She passes me off to him. He drags me through the hallways.

"Stop." I whisper. He doesn't so I guess he didn't hear me. "Stop walking." I say louder. He stops and looks at me with confusion.

"Autumn? Are you okay?" I lean against the lockers and slowly slide down so I can sit on the floor. Riley sits next to me, waiting for me to catch my breath.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I can't bring myself to look at him. Why would I feel this way about a stranger? Why would I feel like he ripped out my heart? Why do I feel like it's my fault?

"You don't look or sound fine." He whispers. I put my head against the locker and look up.

"Well, I am. Don't worry about me." Riley nods and we sit in silence. When I bring myself to look at him again I feel warm. That's the only way to explain it.

"Do you want to go back?" He asks me.

"Do we have to?"

He laughs. "No we don't have to." We sit in silence for a few more minutes before I start laughing.

"What's funny?"

"I'm already embarrassing myself. I think that's hilarious." He starts laughing with me.

When I stop laughing I see that he's staring at me.

"What?" I whisper with a smile on my face.

"You just made this school a lot more interesting."

I think I'm going to like it here.