Chapter 4

Leya's POV:
Rubbing my eyes for the fifth time in two minutes, I squinted at the pages as I tried to discern the meaning.
"Explain the difference between chemical and physical changes." Come on, Leya. This is like, middle school chemistry. It's not that hard. Just need to-

"Hey Petal,"
"Gah!" Teetering on my spinny chair in a shock, Luka chuckled as he held the back of it to stabilise me. "I told you to stop scaring me when I'm studying, Luka!"
The blue-haired brat gave me his 'amused' face, and responded lightly,
"Oh, i had no idea." Shooting up from my chair, I stood eye level to him, seething with fake irritation.
"You little-"

"Petal, fake irritation isn't a good luck on you." As i rolled my eyes, he glanced behind me at the desk with my chem questions.
"Have you considered getting a tutor for chemistry?"
"Tutors are embarrassing, Luka. They suggest to people that you're too dumb to figure something out by yourself."
"Well, who cares what people think? Besides, if anyone talks bad about you, they'd have to answer to me."
"Pfft, you'd hardly hurt a fly."

He took a step closer to me, his jokey face laced with concern.
"My point still stands, Leya. If you really think you need help, don't let other people's opinions stop you."
Sceptically turning back to my papers, I scrunched up my nose, muttering,
"Okay. Maybe."
"Good girl. Now, come on, you're gonna be late for school."