Chapter 13

Sorry for the long wait guys, a lots been going on with me in school and at home right now. I'm thinking of going up to 15 chapters, because things are finally coming to ahead. Little reminder that comments and constructive criticism is always welcome :).

-absolutenerd💕

****************************

Leya's POV: 

"Luka, are you cheating on me?"

No. That's too direct.

"Luka. I've been thinking about us. And I don't think it's really working out."

But...he'll be heartbroken.

Serves him right for breaking your heart first.

Shut up, subconscious.

I adjusted my hair for the hundredth time in the mirror, breath shaking. God, I didn't want it to be true.

It was a day before our anniversary. Less than 24 hours until the 'supposed' best day of my year. At this point, I was doubtful.

I'd arranged for Luka to pick me up today, so we could hang out. He'd suggested it, I don't know why, but it would be a good way to scout if he was being faithful. Gosh, he's driven me to sound like a woman from the 19th century.

Unplugging my phone from its charger and slinging on my coat, I left my apartment and took the elevator to the bottom of the apartment block, and waited outside. It was a beautiful sunny day that day, obviously not mirroring my inner emotions.

As I waited, leaning against the wall underneath the entrance canopy, a familiar face rounded the corner.

"Leya! Hi!" Nic eagerly waved at me. I nodded my head at him.

"Hey, Nic."

After our talk at school about a week ago, he tutored me for a couple of evenings at mine. Turns out he only lives a few blocks away from my apartment. Of course, I passed my next chemistry test, so I was eternally grateful.

Nic stopped next to me. "You okay, Leya? You look a bit...off." My fingers tightened slightly around my phone.

"Yeah. Yeah, I'm fine."

"Boyfriend troubles?"

My head snapped to the left as I stared at him incredulously. "What?"

Nic shrugged. "I just noticed that Luka hasn't been picking you up as often. Was I mistaken in my assumption?"

Damn, this boy is bold.

"No, he's just been...busy. We're good though." I gave him a reassuring smile, which I don't think he took that well for some reason. Huh.

Just as my last sentence gave the strong indication that I was finished talking to him, we heard the trundle of bike wheels against the concrete road.

"Speak of the devil." Nic murmured under his breath, and I raised an eyebrow at him discreetly.

"Hi Petal." Luka got off his bike, left it on the pavement and advanced towards me. I gave him a kiss on the cheek, as I normally did. That is, whenever we met up, which wasn't as frequently nowadays.

I turned to Nic. "Sorry, Nic, I've got to go. Catch up with you later?"

I could've sworn I saw Nic look Luka up and down before responding,

"'kay. See you later." And walking off.

"You want to go?" Luka nodded his head towards his bike, still discarded on the pavement in favour for a cheek kiss. I smiled sweetly at him.

"Sure, baby."