Chapter 6

Leya's POV:
"Luka thinks I should get a tutor for Chemistry." I told Marinette, as we walked across the school courtyard.
"Why, did he straight up tell you you were bad at it?" She asked back, and I shook my head.
"Nah. It took me a while to do the homework last night, and he gave that as a solution." I replied as we went through the front entrance and down the steps. As we got to the bottom, I questioned,
"You think you know anyone that could help?"
Before she could respond, a somewhat familiar voice called,
"Leya! Hey, wait up!"

Turning around back to the entrance, I spotted Nic, jumping down the front stairs two at a time. Raising my eyebrows, I waited for him to finally get to where we stood. Marinette was looking at him curiously, and I'm sure I was mirroring her expression.
"Hi, Nic." I greeted, and he smiled.
"Just wanted to thank you again for getting Chloe to back off. If you weren't there, I'd probably hate this school by now." He joked, and I grinned.

"It's fine. Chloe finds something to hate in everyone. Just hang in there and eventually she'll loose interest in you. In the best way possible." I hastily added.
"Noted. Thanks again."
"Oh, quick question." Wringing my hands, I asked him, "Uh, do you know anyone really good at chemistry? I kinda need a tutor and I'm just, you know, asking around."

Nic paused for a moment, before saying,
"I could tutor you."
"Really?"
"Yeah. I-I'm pretty good at all the sciences, so I guess I could give it a shot." He scratched the back of his neck as he looked down at me.
"Wow, thank you so much! You have no idea how much i need this help."
Without warning, I heard the ring of a bell. Looking to the street, I saw Luka on his bike, signalling me to get on. Holding up a finger, I addressed Nic again,
"What's your number? That way we can keep in contact."
"Okay."

He gave me his number and I wrote it down on my phone. Then I waved goodbye to him and Marinette, and headed over to Luka.
"Hey babe." I gave him a peck on the lips and climbed onto the back of the bike, hugging his waist as I squeezed on.
"Hey, who's that guy you were talking to? Don't think I've seen him here before."
"Oh, Nic just moved here today. He's really nice, and he offered to be my chemistry tutor. Isn't that great?" I told Luca, and, although I couldn't see his face, I thought his shoulders tensed slightly.
"Yeah. Great."