Epilogue

Needless to say, I stayed. And in hindsight, I probably shouldn't have jumped to such a rash conclusion about my boyfriend.

After Luka had convinced me that he wasn't being unfaithful, he'd taken me to my favourite place - a little garden on the edge of the city. We'd discovered it the year before while sight seeing for the millionth time, and it was a quiet place of respite, something very rare in Paris.

Anyway, he took me there, and we spent...a few hours just talking. Okay, maybe not just talking. But, he wanted to convince me he'd never find anyone better, and I of course couldn't refuse. Take that as you will.

Eventually, Alya and the others were getting a bit suspicious of where we'd ended up, so we went back to my apartment, and celebrated with my family. Angel came too, and she was actually really nice - not at all like I'd predicted her to be.

"Hi, Mother!" I waved to my camera. My mum waved back as my dad popped his head into view. I giggled as my mum pushed him away, tutting at both of us. "So, how was your anniversary darling?" I grinned.

"Amazing, mum. And I'm really excited for you two to meet Luka in person!" 

"Yes, sometimes I wonder why your father and I haven't visited Paris sooner. But Patricia's clearly doing well with you isn't she?"

I nodded, looking up for a second to see Luka behind the phone.

"What?" I mouthed at him as my dad ranted about how he'd always wanted to go to France. He shook his head, smiling. Alya whispered, 

"So cute!" to my right, and I rolled my eyes.

"Leya? You still there?"

"Oh, yep, can't wait to see both of you next month! I-I need to go though. Love you!"

"We love you too, sweetheart." My mother responded. "You have fun, now."

As soon as I'd ended the call, I was swept up into Luka's arms again. "You're so cute oh my gosh." He murmured, nestling his head into the crook of my neck.

"Okay...just a bit longer. Then you have to get off, baby."

"I love you." He responded.

My heart fluttered as I stared up at him. "I love you too."