Chapter 19: The Gears Grind

(Time skip)

It was a one week before AEW Full Gear, everyone was looking forward to all the matches along with the promotion's next pay-per-view, Double or Nothing.

Tonight was SmackDown, and the matches and segments are advertised are as follows:

Samoa Joe vs. Ortiz

Raw Women's Champion Tegan Nox calls out AEW Women's Champion Dr. Britt Baker

Alexa Bliss vs. Anna Jay

The New Evolution and The Pinnacle come to face to face in the ring for an announcement regarding Double or Nothing

The show opened with a one on one match featuring two participants of the match for the next pay-per-view as Josh's surprise tag team partner Samoa Joe went down the ring.

The Samoan Submission Machine did his signature entrance while the crowd chanted his name.

Then a few seconds later, the AEW World Tag Team Champions and Inner Circle members Santana and Ortiz made their entrance.

Santana hyped his partner up while Joe stared them down. Ortiz got in the ring and raised his tag title while taunting Joe since Josh is nowhere to be found.

(Joe vs. Ortiz)

As Ortiz launched, Joe immediately took him down with a monstrous clothesline. The Destroyer picked him up and connected rapid right hands to one half of the AEW Tag Team Champions.

Joe dominated most of the match until Santana provided a distraction, giving Ortiz the opportunity to chop block the big man.

However, as Joe stumbled to the corner and Ortiz capitalized with an attack, the Destroyer countered with a uranage slam.

Joe: sit yo silly ass!

Santana attempted to help his partner, but he was grounded by Joe's snap scoop slam

(End of match)

After fazing Ortiz with a splash followed by a step up enziguri at the corner, Joe finished him off as he locked in the Coquina Clutch in the middle of the ring, and Ortiz instantly tapped out.

However, Joe's victory was cut short as he was attacked from behind by the Spanish God Sammy Guevara.

Santana joined in and the two Inner Circle members stomped on Joe. However, the attack was stopped as Josh dashed down to the ring to help out his partner.

The Intercontinental Champion went after Guevara with clotheslines while connecting punches to Santana.

Joe got back up and joined the fray and laid waste to the AEW Tag Team Champions. Meanwhile, Josh superkicked Sammy and sent over the top rope and then turned his attention to Santana by hitting the 25th Hour.