Clingy bastard

Adjusting to the sudden change of environment took a while, but eventually, Kim Rok Soo (or, Cale) was able to become familiar with his surroundings.

He came to realize and accept that he was inside of a fictional world.

He didn't know whether or not he should regard his transmigration as a blessing or a curse, but one thing was for certain. He wanted to live, regardless of which world or body or era he was in.

So, he set out to look for protection.

The first thing he sought out was one of the most powerful characters in this world, Y/N. Or as they were more known as, Asmodeus.

Asmodeus was a demon birthed in the netherworld. Although they were merely a side-character, they were granted various powers and were given strength that, theoretically, could surpass even the main character Choi Han's power.

Asmodeus was accidentally summoned by Choi Han during a trek through a vast forest with a high concentration of dark magic. The trees, soil, rocks, and leaves were all coated with dark magic, but Choi Han was unable to sense its presence due to how naturally it blended with its surroundings, even when the amount was thick.

Before he realized it, Choi Han stepped into an area where a magic circle was formed. Due to Choi Han's presence, he was able to summon Asmodeus, who recognized Choi Han's strength, and formed a contract with him, where Asmodeus would serve Choi Han indefinitely.

Honestly, the way Choi Han formed a contract with Asmodeus was almost laughable.

The scene was executed so egregiously that it was worthy of being called dog shit. It stood out so much from the rest of the scenes that you could vomit.

Asmodeus was a powerful ally that contributed a lot to keeping Choi Han and his companions safe — that fact may sound like a good thing when you hear it at first, but in actuality, no.

Asmodeus was practically a living plot armor that ruined the beauty of the story. They were like dirt on a perfectly clean, white shirt. A nuisance.

Asmodeus' contributions to Choi Han and his companions had dampened Cale's reading experience by a margin. It would have been fine if the character did not exist, seeing as how the story was already stable if you removed Asmodeus from the picture. Their involvement and OP-ness were unnecessary.

Cale didn't favor Asmodeus that much, but they were the best option Cale had right now. Besides, Choi Han can move on his own even without Asmodeus. Cale would be removing someone useless from Choi Han, and in turn, gain a free bodyguard that won't require any payment. It was a win-win situation.

Or so he thought.

"Caleee.." A voice slurred from behind him, following with a breathy sigh and arms wrapping around his torso from behind. Long, thin fingers grasped his shirt loosely, the action akin to cradling something precious.

A weight pressed on his right shoulder. He turned his head.

He was greeted by the feeling of strands of hair tickling his neck, and long, messy locks overtaking his vision. Fluttering eyelashes hid behind the mop of hair, exuding the feeling of innocence and a sense of desire to commit to no activity.

'Ah, that's right.'  Cale thought to himself, heaving a resigned sigh.

'Asmodeus is a clingy bastard.'