Early Small Christmas Present

publishing this here and only here because wattpad is my favorite child — asshat-t

The moon emitted a soft glow, enveloping her children below with her careful love and adoration. The stars behind her twinkled, intensifying her majestic beauty as if silently expressing their full devotion from afar. 

Cale inhaled. The wind blew. It kissed his skin and brushed his cerise hair back. The man's eyes were closed — you could say he was enjoying the serene scenery. 

He sat on the numerous blades of grass cross-legged, not minding if his grand clothing were ruffled up or dirtied by the ground. He'd departed from his temporary home, responding to his desire to recuperate from the exhaustion of tending to worldly necessities. 

While it was necessary for him to continue... well, his life of luxury could wait, right?

Suddenly, he heard the sound of feet colliding against grass from behind him. He knew who it was.

The familiar presence sat beside him and wrapped both of their arms around his figure. They placed their head on his shoulder; their cold breath hit his neck. It seemed like such an uncomfortable position to be in, such close proximity — yet Cale did not refuse the intimate contact. 

Cale shifted his legs and opened his eyes. He lifted his head looked up at the moon. He raised a hand, allowing his fingers to thread through the demon's hair. Ever so slightly, he leans back onto the demon's embrace.

He says monotonously, "Y/N, what brings you here?"

A moment of silence washed over the two of them. The soft sound of crickets resonated from the distance. It was somewhat comforting. Y/N moved, fixing their position into something more comfortable, keeping their arms around Cale stationary. They turn to bury their head into Cale's neck, the tip of their nose coming into contact with his skin.

A few more cold breaths tickled his skin, each ghosting over his chin and below, dripping with affection. One would be stupid to not immediately understand that this demon was infatuated with him. 

He and they were much like the moon and the stars. One majestic, one engrossed with the other's beauty. 

Finally, Y/N responded.

"...Missed you, master."

And with a few simple words, the serene atmosphere shifted into something one would find quite hard to understand.

Cale turns to embrace the demon. 

Perhaps, maybe... This would be enough. 

The hug was warm, comforting — in large contrast to the demon's cold breaths. There was a hint of gentleness laced within the arms that encircled the demon, further enhancing that warmth that the redhead emitted.  Though the demon's face was rather impassive, their eyes were a tad wide. Y/N was dumbfounded.

'Master, you rarely ever...'

That feeling within Y/N — they could feel it further intensify. It felt odd, weird, odd — and Y/N, they liked it.

The corners of Y/N's mouth twitched. Silently, they expressed their thanks, tightening their hold around Cale. They didn't know what sparked this sudden return of affection, but they enjoyed every second of it. 

Y/N didn't know if it was just their imagination, but it felt as if their master's embrace become a bit more tight in response.

this will be important to the main plot... probably? probably not. we'll see. — asshat-t