Allegedly a slave (7)

"Oh. That person is As — Y/N, a new servant I recently recruited -- though they have a more important duty to serve."

Cale responded. Ron nodded and smiled a smile that didn't reach his eyes.

'He must also think I brought home a slave from some sort of shady exchange...'

Ever since Cale came back to the Henituse estate at the dead of night with Asmodeus trailing behind him (this was the day Asmodeus and Cale formed a contract), there have been rumors that circled both within and outside the walls of the Henituse estate.

People have been saying that Cale had, in addition to increased drinking, decided that it was a wonderful idea to have fun with unwilling slaves. (The increased drinking awakened due to the constant buying of bread -- people had assumed that the man wasn't the least bit sober during his ventures. The unwilling slave part was because people didn't know Asmodeus's origins.)

Of course, people thought that this wasn't beyond the infamous trash. After all, he's already well-known for drinking excessively — there were already whispers that Cale would take in a slave and whatnot even way back before Kim Rok Soo took over Cale's body.

Cale's reputation was already bad enough. It fell a bit deeper when people found out about Asmodeus's looks and demeanor. It's not to say that people thought that Asmodeus was hideous and dislikable, however.

There were varying degrees of people's opinions over Cale and Asmodeus's current relationship, taking into account how Asmodeus is someone unknown. But the thing that influenced Cale's thoughts about how Ron thought of him as a slave owner was the more somewhat well-known rumor of Asmodeus being a night slave.

"Look, it's that slave the young master took in.."

"Oh my, they're..!"

Asmodeus wandered about and idly stared at the designs that riddled the territory when a maid and a butler discovered them. Asmodeus leaned on a wall, arms crossed, as they stared at the gold filigree lining the corners of the estate. The demon's soft hair dangled freely and caressed their skin softly. It made them look all the more beautiful.

Their eyes were half-lidded, eyelashes veiling their two piercing moons in a shadow that gave an ethereal air to them. Their clothes were casual, making them seem like a commoner. Because of their attractive complexion though, it led the servants to think that their shirt, which was made out of cheap threads, was weaved using fine and expensive silk.

(In the servants' minds, Asmodeus is a sugar baby treated poorly.)

'How pitiful...! For this person to have fallen victim to the young master's atrocities..' That is what they might have thought the moment they set their eyes on Asmodeus's form.

In normal circumstances, they daren't think of such things about Cale. That young master was still a noble after all, regardless of his faults. To think ill of their boss would equal sinning — however, the mind was a rebellious thing. It was inevitable for it to divert to displeasing subjects.

The maid approached Asmodeus. The demon didn't even look at them once. Because of Asmodeus's half-lidded expression, it gave the servants the impression that the demon was sleepy and not intentionally ignoring them... which was what the demon was trying to do.

The maid, face showing every ounce of pity there is, clasped her hands together and spoke,

"E-excuse me..? Uhm, are you alright?"