Interlude (1)

A gust of wind hits our faces, making the atmosphere colder than before. I felt my face stiffen as fury began to pool deep within my gut.

"Asmodeus, what are you doing?" I asked, tightening my hands into fists. The demon turns towards me, and I was almost shook by the dangerous shine in their eyes. There was a pang of fear that struck me.

Y/N was ruthless. There were splatters of red that coated their pale cheeks, yet they merely disregarded it, uncaring of the lifeless body that laid beneath them. "Protecting you, as I should." They responded, reverting back into their usual self.

They wipe their cheek with the back of their left hand, the sharp black claws that burst from their fingers returning into the shape of a human's. Once again, the sight of their transformation reminded me of how Asmodeus -- Y/N -- was not man, but demon. Despite knowing that, however, I still felt infuriated by their actions.

I damn those who deserve death. I give mercy to those who do not. Yet, it seemed like Asmodeus did not care about the sinful and the pure. I felt something akin to betrayal stab at my heart. They make themselves seem so lazy and caring -- was that only applied to me?

Too cruel. That was simply too cruel for me to accept.

I shifted my gaze towards the undeserving victim. So cold, their face was. My chest suddenly ached. The man was simply drunk -- he turned violent and directed that violence towards me, yet it was evident that his anger was not directed at me. He kept screeching someone else's name. Asmodeus did not even try to understand their side and merely regarded him as a threat.

I could only grit my teeth and breathe loudly through my nose in an attempt to calm myself.

What else could I do? They were more powerful than I. I can't combat them -- additionally, they were doing this with the intent to protect me.

I relaxed my shoulders and shook my head lightly, forcing myself to accept the situation. Still, my chest felt heavy.

— excerpt from "The Birth of a Hero"

ill be making more of these to solidify y/n's personality. y/n is lazy, otherworldly and somewhat childish. although they bow down to no one besides their current master, they would gladly lower themselves to children. they're playful and touchy, more "flirty" through their actions. they're also cold and ruthless towards those they deem threats. they're the "food is food, people are people, nature is nature" type of person, which means a threat, to them, is a threat, regardless of the other (offending) party's motives. -- asshat-t