Don't ignore demons (6)

more food for my readers. (edit: ...minor changes. i dont have the will to make this chapter look better, i'm so sorry)— asshat-t

"Master... why didn't you respond?"

Asmodeus says as they move back to give a bit more room for Cale. Their usual velvety voice roughened. As the final words escaped their lips, the tone of their voice ended in low growls that reverbrated in the air and enraptured Cale's mind in a forceful tug. It gave Cale a sensation that was almost predatory.

A bullet of sweat slithered down the redhead's chin; the hair on his nape stood on ends. 

"I- thought I already told you I'd be resting and to not interrupt,"

The man responds with a slight stutter as he squirms in his spot, trying to grasp whatever ounce of space away from Asmodeus there is. He can't really do much in his current position however — not when he's in this close proximity with the demon, and especially not when said demon was far more powerful than he is.

Still, his eyes uselessly travelled down to the gaps, searching for some semblance of escape.

Cale swallowed. Finally realizing how futile it is to try and break free from his current predicament, the redhead instead turned to examine the demon's face once more.

As if their fierce yet impassive aura had been washed away by water, their face was contorted. It was fixed in a way that made them look almost.. hurt. Their locks shadowed their face in a way that made their expression seem somewhat grim. There was a slight quiver in their eyelashes, and their lips were downcast in a way that made them seem as if they were pouting.

Although the words that escaped their lips gave an aggressive feel, there was something akin to desperation swirling within Asmodeus's eyes which vastly contrasted from their previous fierce aura. 

'What..?'

How was the demon able to switch up their personalities so easily? Wait, huh? Asmodeus..

Suddenly, Asmodeus leans down.

Cut off from his thoughts, Cale's body turns unimaginably stiff. He feels the demon's cold breath hit his jaw.

He involuntarily tightened his hands into fists. He dug his nails into his palms amidst a mind clouded in confusion.

It was only until another wave of cold breath hit his neck that Cale snapped back into reality. After gripping his hands once, he shoves Asmodeus away from him a tad too roughly.

"What are you doing?"

Cale says, eyebrows furrowed. Asmodeus appeared to be rather unbothered — they didn't even stumble once after being shoved by their master. The redhead glares at Asmodeus as they open their mouth,

"Revenge."

A few beats of silence flew past. Cale kept glaring at Asmodeus. Even when it is not stated out loud, it was clear that what Asmodeus meant by that was, 'Revenge for being ignored'.

Cale sighs again. Through a fog of annoyance within his head, Cale finds himself beginning to feel a bit bad.

'I thought I'd already adjusted to your.. ways, but it seems that I still have a long way to go.'

'I should've responded. Then again, I'm absolutely certain you would've broken down the door if I uttered a single sound in response.'

Inhaling deeply, Cale closes his eyes for a moment, gathering his thoughts. He urges his mind to let his annoyance and, what he thinks is selfishness, to dissipate. He relaxes himself.

"I apologize for ignoring you. I needed to rest, but that isn't a plausible enough reason for me to have ignored you back there."

Cale says.

Cale saw Asmodeus staring at him deep in thought. The redhead only stares back.

Cale's thoughts dragged on. He didn't notice that Asmodeus was raising their hand and wrapping it around the redhead's limb. Cale flinches and tries to wedge his arm away from Asmodeus's grasp, but Asmodeus has their hand firmly wrapped around Cale's wrist.

"I'm sorry as well, master." For being too touchy. For making you uncomfortable. Is what went unsaid, though Cale understood very clearly.

Asmodeus says it a sense of sincerity that Cale didn't expect. Cale looks at Asmodeus's complexion for a bit, skeptical, before sighing once more and giving Asmodeus a nod.

Really... Could you blame Cale for acting this way? The way they do things suddenly and without his permission, sneaking up on him, giving him those odd and unexpected kisses on his skin. And the way they cling onto Cale as if he'll disappear if they even break free from him for no more than 3 minutes.

'This is the way that the demon was made after all...'

'But, I need to lessen my negative thoughts on them. I suppose not everything about them is because of how they were made. There must be a reason for why they're like this.'

Dawn.

Cale sat on his bed with his head buzzing and one arm aching and sore. Asmodeus was nowhere to be found — presumably somewhere around the Henituse estate wandering about aimlessly. That was a habit that Cale had observed Asmodeus do whenever they had nothing else to tend to — somehow though, Cale gets the feeling that the demon knows the place all too well.

Cale massaged his aching arm. He'd allowed the demon to sleep beside him last night. Perhaps the reason why he allowed the demon to lay beside him was because — no, actually, he shouldn't entertain those kinds of thoughts.

But anyways, them resting their whole body on his limb was not a very pleasant experience. Cale looks up — Ron loomed over him, a cup of what was presumably lemonade in his left hand.

"You were sleeping so soundly. I didn't want to wake you up."

'Should I say thank you or good morning?'

Thought Cale as he leaned back, distancing himself from the butler as he rolled his aching shoulder. He winced slightly, making an effort to not show his discomfort too much.

Ron leans down and offers Cale the cup. Cale pauses in his actions and utters a small thanks as he accepts the drink.

'It would be better if he provided me a daily supply of caffeine instead.'

He thinks as he sipped its contents, resigned. Once he'd downed everything, he offers the container back to the butler who takes it with a small, seemingly sinister smile.

Cale stood and pat his pants lightly. Before he could make any move to go past Ron and make his way outside of the room however, Ron opens his mouth —

"A moment, young master."

Cale pauses for a moment before nodding at the butler. Ron clears his throat,

"Might I ask who your lovely guest is?"

oh god. hi, sorry for the too fast-moving chapter. i was excited to post lmao. i decided to make a more refined version of the story on ao3. you can find a link to my ao3 account on my wattpad bio thing — asshat-t