Chapter Four- Card Games

"Chloe! Sabrina!" A sweet voice calls. Chloe turns to see Rose waving excitedly while running to her and Sabrina. Chloe sweatdrops a little. How was Rose so excited and cheerful all the time?

"Hey, Rose. What's up?"

"All the girls in the class are going to have a sleepover at Juleka's tomorrow night. We wanted to ask if you two will come!" Rose says, practically jumping for joy. 

Sabrina looks at Chloe. She wanted to go. She found a sleepover with all the girls in her class would be so much fun, but wasn't sure if Chloe would let her go.

"I'm free. I can go. What about you Sabrina?" Chloe asks. 

Sabrina gasps before smiling and nodding, matching Rose's excitement. "Yes! I'll go!" 

===

Juleka messes with her hair, trying on different clips Chloe had given her. Luka knocks on her door, announcing he was there. Juleka tells him to come in.

"Hey, Jules? That sleepover with Marinette and the others is tonight, right?" 

"Yep." Juleka answers. 

Luka notices her new hair clips. "Where'd you get those? They look cool." Luka asks, honestly expecting the answer Marinette made them. 

"Chloe gave them to me." 

Luka stops. "Chloe? That really mean girl that is the daughter of Mayor Bourgeos?" 

"She's actually been nice the last few weeks. She's turned the leaf big time. Me and the girls invited her to the sleepover." Juleka explains.

Luka hums. "If she tries anything to you and your friends, do expect me to say something." He says as he walks out. Juleka rolls her eyes.

===

Chloe stands in front of Juleka's boat-house. This was her first sleepover with someone other than Sabrina or Adrien. She really didn't want to mess this up. 

"Come on, Chloe!" Rose squeals and pulls her on the boat. It rocks a little, making Chloe freak out a bit. "That happens at times. You'll get used to it!" Rose brings Chloe into the circle with her friends. Sabrina was already there so Chloe settles inbetween her and Mylene. 

"We're playing Uno. We can deal you in next round." Alya informs. 

===

"Alya." 

"I'm sorry."

"No you're not."

"No I'm not." Alya places down a +4 wild. "Uno."

Marinette throws her entire hand down. "Why are you targeting me this round?!"

"Confess you ate my ice cream, and I'll stop!" Alya yells back. 

Marinette narrows her eyes. "Never. You are offically not my best friend anymore." She turns away from Alya and crosses her arms. Alya lets out a loud gasp.

Chloe, a little overwhelmed, leans to Mylene. "They're joking, right?"

"Oh, yeah. This happens everytime we play Uno. Next, Alix is going to threaten someone." Mylene whispers back. 

And sure enough, in the next round, Alix threatened Alya to push her off the boat. 

"Okay...Maybe we should play monopoly now." Rose suggests,

"Monopoly? How will that make this better?" Juleka says, loudly. Chloe looks at her in shock. She never heard Juleka speak so loudly. Everyone else was unfazed, used to Juleka talking like this when playing games. 

"Oh, I for one would love to see Alya ago bankrupt." Marinette says, now inbetween Chloe and Sabrina, not wanting to sit next to Alya anymore.

"Can I commit Arson on Mylene's houses?" Alix asks. 

"What?!" Mylene shouts.

"I love Monopoly!" Sabrina smiles. 

Chloe laughs. Like a genuine laugh. This was the first time she had so much fun since she was a little kid. The girls stop talking and looks at Chloe, including Sabrina. She snorts a little before slapping a hand over her mouth. 

She sweats a little as the girls still stare at her, mouths open. They slowly exchange glances until all of them start laughing, too. Chloe smiles and laughs again. 

Alya, clutching her stomach, yells, "I"M GUNNA PEE MY PANTS!" 

"Are you guys high?" Anarka asks, who had gone up to them upon hearing the comotion. 

"Who knows!" Alix wheezes.

"Teens." Anarka snorts as she walks away, shaking her head. 

When the girls heard the snort, they begin snorting a bit, too. It took a good five minutes for them to calm down. 

"Oh, my everything hurts." Mylene moans.

"Same." Rose smiles.

"I'm going to use the toilet. Where's your bathroom, Juleka?"

"Down those stairs, the first left, then all the way down and another left. Don't take a right because that's my brother's room." 

Chloe nods and follows the directions. Then she registered that Juleka has a brother. She glances st the door across from the bathroom as she goes in. 

When she comes out, she hears a faint strum of a guitar. Her ears perk and she follows the sound to Juleka's brother's door. Chloe presses and ear on the door. There was humming and gentle strumming. As if someone was trying to make a song. 

She stood there for who knows how long, just listening. 

"Chloe?" A voice calls. Chloe jumps and just notices Sabrina and Alix standing there.

"Oh! Hey, what's, uhh, what's going on?"

"You were taking a little while to get back so we decided to check on you." Sabrina explains.

"I just had to pee." Alix shrugs before looking at Chloe suspisiously. "What are you doing in front of Luka's door?" 

"Who's that?" Chloe asks. 

Alix opens her mouth, but just sighs. "Whatever. Everyone's in Juleka's room doing make-up. I'll be right there." Alix goes into the bathroom. 

"Come on, Chloe! They have some really cool colors." 

"Okay, I'm coming." Chloe follows her best friend, taking one last glance at the door. 

===

Word count- 924