Chapter 9- Huge Words of Advice

Okay so I know I said no Zoe, but I got a really good idea about how to include her into the story so ✌️

It's fine because you love me

===

Chloe doesn't say anything as Louis does her nails. Audrey had her nails drying several feet away. Chloe couldn't help but have a frown on her face. Louis obviously noticed and kept glancing at Chloe. 

Louis blows on one of Chloe's nail as he works on it. "I'm guessing you're wondering how your mom knows me?" He whispers.

Chloe looks up a bit surprised. She presses her lips together into a thin line and nods slowly. 

"We used to be dating." He says casually. 

Chloe's mouth drops open. She had never though about her mom's previous live life before Chloe's dad. Probably because she though no one would ever date someone as self centered as her mom. Was this man as self centered as her mom? No, he couldn't be. He stood up to her when she walked in.

"That probably makes you think that I'm just as bad of a person as your mom." 

Was this man a mind reader? 

"We were actually engaged. A long time ago." Louis says, dragging out the 'long.' "She was obsessed with me, almost as much as she was herself. I had realized I wasn't very happy with my life. My job was boring and my fiancé was terrible. So  I did some big soul searching and found out... I don't like girls." Louis sits back comfortably. "I'm gay." 

Chloe keeps sitting and listening. 

"So, I told her we needed to break up and she got all whiny but I honestly didn't care. I quit my job and became a manicurist. Now I'm the happiest I've ever been. Of course I don't have a husband, so that kinda sucks," He jokes. "But love isn't my biggest concern in life right now. Of course if it presented itself, I wouldn't say no." 

Chloe had started smiling. This man was truly amazing. Standing up for himself against Chloe's mom, quitting his job to pursue something he loves, and overall just finding true happiness. He was definitely someone she looks up now. 

Louis leans forward and continues Chloe's nails. "Sorry about that. I tend to over share to strangers." 

Chloe snaps out of her fantasy. "No worries. Your story is amazing. You are so cool to stand up to my mom and go after happiness." She frowns. "I don't know if i'll ever have the confidence to do anything like that." 

"Lemme, tell you something." Louis leans forward closely. "Confidence isn't real. Everyone is just faking it. I was scared out of my mind telling Mme. Bourgeois about my feelings. No one actually  knows what they're doing." 

"Are you joking?" Chloe whispers.

"Nope." 

Chloe sits back and thinks about her friends. Specifically Alya and Adrien. They always seemed so confident and sure of themselves. We're they just faking it like Louis says? It seemed kinda crazy. Confident was one of Alya's biggest personality traits. 

And what about Chloe? She had, obviously, been faking it her whole life, but she thought that she was the only one who did. She though something was wrong with her because everyone else who was confident didn't even blink an eye when flustered. They barely got flustered in the first place. 

But what about her mom. Was she faking it? 

"With your mom, however, she's self centered, not confident." Louis explains, answering Chloe's unasked question.

"There's a difference between being full of yourself and being proud of yourself, Chloe." 

Chloe didn't know why that reminded her of Marinette's advice. Probably because it was similar. Maybe because Louis reminded her of Marinette a little bit. Both stand up for what they think, they go after what makes themselves or others happy, and they definitely had great advice. 

"There. All done!" Louis says, putting away the nail equipment and pulling Chloe out of her thoughts. "Go over to the dryer, now and it'll be all good." 

"Oh. Okay, thanks." Chloe goes over and sits across from her mom, as it was the only open seat. Her mom was done but thought that these chairs were a lot more comfy and stayed here. 

Chloe went back to thinking. The fact that most people fake confidence really shook her. It opened so much for her. 

Time passes and Chloe and Audrey leave, after paying of course.

Louis waves at Chloe as she and Audrey leaves. Audrey, being the dumb self centered bitch she is, thought Louis was waving to her, which he had never done before when she came to get her nails done. Chloe knew better and waved back. 

Word Count- 787