Chapter Seven- Volenteers

"Daddy!" Chloe shouts as she opens the door to his office. 

The Mayor jumps in his seat, dropping his telephone. He gasps and drops down under his desk to grab it. He hits his head on his desk as he gets up. "I'll call you back." The Mayor stammers into the phone and hangs up. The wire wraps around his hand and he screams. 

Chloe sighs and puts her head in her head. Her dad can be pretty pathetic at times. "I heard that you shut down a pet shelter recently." 

"Well, yes, They couldn't support themselves or pay taxes so I had to shut them down." The mayor explains while trying to get his hand untangled.

"No! You need to open it back up!" Chloe insists, slamming her hands down on his desk. "Instead of shutting it down completely, why not help it? We have the money. That place is very important to someone. Plus, what would all the animals do? There wouldn't be a place to put them." 

"Ah, but Chloe dear. They had no one to work there. They need volunteers."

"Then I can volunteer." 

===

Chloe get out of her limousine. She thanks Jean for the ride and goes inside. People were whispering as she passed again. Did they think she caused the akuma again? It wasn't her fault this time. She was helping the shelter! Chloe walks faster to her class, trying to not look at the ground. 

She reaches her seat and sits down. Her legs begins to bounce without her noticing. She chills on her phone for a while until class starts. 

===

Chloe sits on a bench between classes, reading a magazine. People glances at her from time to time. Chloes leg bounces a bit. Marinette and Rose approach her, the other girls following behind.

"Hey, Chloe. Me and the girls are getting ice cream after school. Do you want to come?" Rose asks. 

"Oh, I would love to, but I'm busy." Chloe says.

"Really?" Marinette asks. "Doing what?" 

"Uh, well I actually started volunteering at this pet shelter. My dad tried to shut it down because it couldn't support itself. So I decided to volunteer." Chloe explains. Marinette smiles.

"Wow, that's really cool of you Chloe." Mylene says.

"Hey, maybe we all could go there instead of getting ice cream!" Alya suggests. 

The girls agree. "You guys would do that?" Chloe asks.

"Sure!"

===

Chloe opens the door to the pet shelter. "Dr. Garneir?"

"In the back, Chloe!" Chloe leads her friends to to back where the animals were. They look up too see Chloe and others. "Oh, you brought your friends!"

"Yeah I figured that it would be good for more people to help. Besides, they wanted to come once they found out I was going here."

"Awesome." Dr Garneir stands up and dusts of their pants, holding out their hand. "Nice to meet you, girls." The girls give a collective 'Hello.' "With this many people, we'll get the stuff done very quickly. Chloe, do you think you could start with feeding the birds while I get these situated?"

"On it." Chloe runs to the break room and puts her bag down, then goes to the bird section. 

"Alright. So, what are you girls good at doing?" Dr. Garneir asks.

===

Each girl ended up doing something. Alex and Sabrina walked the dogs, Rose and Marinette played with the animals, Mylene and Juleka cleaned out the cages, Alya feed the animals that Chloe hadn't gotten to and Chloe washed the animals with Dr Garneir.

"Thank you girls so much!" Dr Garneir says after all of them had finished. "This is the most help I've gotten in years. These animals all mean so much to me and I really want to help them find a good place for them to live. Do you think you could also spread the word?" 

"Absolutely!" Marinette says. All of them agree. 

"Awesome! Thank you again! Have a nice day!" They wave as all the girls leave. 

"This was so much fun, Chloe! We should definitely come back!" Rose smiles as she walks hand in hand with Juleka.

"As much fun as that was, I smell like dog now." Alix says.

"Definitely going home and taking a shower." Alya raises her arm and sniffs her armpit. 

"See you later." Chloe begins to the park.

"Where are you going?" Mylene asks.

"I'm going to take a walk before going home." Chloe answers. 

===

Chloe sits in the park and leans back, letting out a happy sigh. She pulls out her magazine from earlier and continues reading it. She doesn't notice the fact that Adrien wa shaving a photo hoot nearby. 

He walks up to her and say hi.

"Oh! Hi, Adrikins." 

"What are you doing? And... why do you smell like dog?" Adrien sniffs on her direction.

"Why do you smell like stinky cheese all the time?" Chloe counters.

"Fair enough." Adrien says and sits down next to her. "I'm on a  break from my photo shoot and saw you."

"Oh, cool. I just wanted to chill around before going back home. I was volunteering at a pet shelter with the girls." Chloe explains.

"Chloe, you volunteer?!" Adrien asks.

Chloe blinks at his loud tone. "Yeah?..."

"That's super cool of you!" He says, super proud. 

"Thanks..." Chloe smiles and begins to talk about it. "It this small little place owned by that person who recently got akumatized. They were having trouble with finding people to volunteer or get hired so my dad tried to shut it down but that's how they got akumatized. After, I told my dad to open it back up and help them instead of shutting it down and he said the place needed volunteers so i decided to do it. The girls found out and wanted to join me today. Bestie of how many people helped yesterday, they don't need help the rest of the week." 

"You must really like this place. I can tell how your face lights up when you started talking about it."

"Yeah... Working with animals is a lot more fun than I thought it would be." 

Adrien sees his photographer wave him over. Adrien gives a thumbs up. "Well, I got to get back. Have a good day, Chlo." 

"Bye." She waves. 

===

Word Count: 1038