Dispatch

A/N: Hi everyone,

Apologies for the length of time it has taken for another chapter for Roanapur Connection to be done. It has been quite a hectic 14 months that is for sure from work having gotten much busier during this period, to moving homes myself and Blackmanaburning. Personal struggles that have impacted our ability to write the next planned main chapter 9 months after we started it. Along with also recruitment for RC not having gone as planned that has led to jumbling of chapters and rewrites etc. that's still ongoing and another reason why there has been no update for ages.

And our whole way of life being disrupted by the ongoing Convid-19 virus has not helped either with the anxiety, stress and uncertainly of it all stopped myself from writing while I am on furlough from work.

Again I wish there was more updates more often, but everyone working on RC as part of DeadlyViperQuill team that I mentioned in wanting to set up in my last A/N note which I had a logo done for it by Wenart on DA. As there would be no RC without the people that work on it.

Which is currently me, Blackmambauk lead of the project, my dear friends Blackmanaburning, AnneauxDeLaCroix and hopefully 2 more members that I hope to announce in the near future, have commitments and a lot going on at the moment that hampers our ability to work on RC as much as we want to.

Anyway's enough on all of that, here is the first chapter written by AnneauxDeLaCroix, we are very happy to finally get this chance to work together on a project after two years since we first made contact and from there have become very close friends with the other having been a real help during difficult times we both have had since. I am truly honoured to work with a writer of her high calibre and she has done a marvellous job on introducing a character we are both very fond of and who we feel has so much potential to explore that her main series never did.

But let me pass you over to Cat now who will detail her thoughts.

Thanks again for all views and favs etc across the web for RC.

BlackMambauk

---------------------------------------------

And now, Cat. I knew very little about Code Geass before taking on this project. Seeing it through BlackMambauk's eyes has been an absolute joy, and his letting me explore the characters more in-depth by creating these backgrounds that define them is exhilarating. I love this project and the intense amount of support it's received. I look forward to working on it further. Stay safe and healthy.

Please enjoy Dispatch.

Love, whispersfromcat 

"Our war is being fought by children?"- Duke Leland non Britannia

One

[Date: 13/04/1995 ATB, Time: Unknown, San Diego, Britannia]

There was an art to playing a practical joke. Anyone could swap hair-wax for honey or cover a chair in paste. But a veritable, well-thought-out prank took time, finesse, a clever mind, and a little luck.

Anna struck gold the day she'd overheard Leland during an evening shift in the local tavern. The man maintained a habitual schedule that functioned like clockwork. Wake and dress, read for exactly one hour, enjoy lunch at his favorite restaurant, drinks with peers in the tavern during the evenings, in bed by 10 pm. He never deviated. At first, Anna found it difficult to believe that he kept to the same routine day in and day out. To a girl 15 years of age, it seemed mind-numbingly dull.