Announcement on Roanapur Connection

"This was written about a year ago, i have been merely putting up the chapters on Wattpad i had forgotten to do when they were originally released."

Hi everyone,

I am posting this in regards to the Roanapur Connection fanfic project that i have been overseeing these last three years.

This has been something i have been debating for quite some time while i have been on furlough and unemployed this year and now that i am starting a new job from tomorrow. I have finally made up my mind on the matter in question.

Simply put, i have decided to drop the crossover between Code Geass and Black Lagoon and reboot the fic to simply be a prequel to Code Geass fic, telling the story, characters and plots etc that i had planned with the canon CG characters, the ones i have created and other stuff that tie into my long term plans for the fic universe i have always wanted to do.

The main reason for the dropping of crossing over the two series is that i simply couldn't find a way to truly do BL justice because of a variety of reasons. Namely that because it's still ongoing and who knows when Rei Hiroe will ever get it done because of the constant hiatus that keep happening and its been going for nearly 20 years. All of which makes it hard to do a ending point with the BL cast when their arcs are at very uncertain points from a creative point of view, that the scope of the project and plans had grown beyond what anyone can handle outside of doing it full time.

Another reason is that because of how passive the BL cast is, it meant having to fix things up so the main plot and events comes to them and while i had figured out a number of ways this could reasonably be done. It felt like in the end that again, lead to too many plotlines, characters to handle in a already large cast on the CG side.

So all in all, i decided with the changes happening in my life, i needed to make a change for my fic work to make it stand a chance of working.

I don't regret taking up this challenge up in the first place, since i love both series and have more in common than it looks at first glance despite the different decades and tech they are set in. It has taught me a lot on managing a project, working with a team as a leader, understanding my limits and weaknesses better and keep improving on them.

It has led me to people who are now my best friends who have been constant strengths in the last three years.

With BlackManaBurning, whispersfromcat, RingoPerkov, WhiteLadyDragon. All a big part and very dear to me, it allowed me to help one of them get a job as a editorial assistant for a publisher. It has led to a very strong friendship and working relationship with brilliant artist SkyGiratina00 with the designs of original characters i have come up with and also of key scenes in manga form. Something i never thought would happen.

Sky has agreed to take on the task of creating a new fic cover for the reboot, which i am still debating the new name on and hope to announce it soon.

Everyone on the team understands the decision and still want to work on their POV's for the reboot version since we all want to flesh out Code Geass more and the parts that interest us.

I will keep up the finished RC chapters on here and other sites, but we will be rewriting or editing them for the new version as well because they were mostly on CG stuff anyway and they won't take much to fit with the new fic's version of stuff.

I want to thank every person that has viewed, read, commented, kudos, fav, followed Roanapur Connection these past few years, it means so much that there were readers who were interested to see if it could be done and while i regret we didn't fulfil our goal. It hasn't been for nothing.

If anyone is interested in possible taking up the task of doing their own version of RC. I am open to offers, provided that person or persons can prove they have the talent, commitment and vision to do it.

Anyways i have rambled on enough, thanks everyone and keep an eye on the horizon for the new dawn.

Blackmambauk of the DeadlyViperQuill team