Chapter sixteen

You finally arrive home- you grab the bags and tried to calm yourself before entering your house, tears prickling out of anger. You then see Michael waiting at the couch, looking extremely upset since you took long. You sigh and take out the two bowls, you filled one of them with water and the other with food. You go up to Michael to see the cat playing with his shoelaces, you pick up the cat gently to give it the food until Michael grabbed your wrist.

"... I know I took long... I'm sorry alright?" your voice slightly cracked, you were extremely upset and frustrated that you were this close to just breaking down crying. The cat smelled the food and ran off to eat it, allowing you to sit down next to Michael.

Tears prickled in your eyes as your hands were clenched together, Michael obviously knew there was something wrong but he wasn't sure what was on your mind. He ruffled his hair trying to come up with some words to say, he slowly looks at your face- your cheeks were puffy and your leg was tapping up and down. He knew you were angry...

"...what's wrong?" Michael questioned in his low gruff voice, making you look right at him

You were about to speak until you just broke down in front of him, he gave a shocked looked seeing your reaction.

"I-.. i was at the pet store when this m-man named Elorn.. h-he was working with Loomis and he was pressuring m-me to talk about what happened since t-they found my blood" you said in a frustrating tone. 

He rubbed your back trying to comfort you, he takes your hands trying to see your face. You weren't crying but you were extremely angry

"He- wouldn't take the hint that I was uncomfortable! n-now he m-might catch onto us!" you said 

"He was annoying me and he was extremely ugly!" you whined and buried your face into Michaels's chest. You heard a low chuckle from him, you two sat there for a while as Michael plays with your hair. 

"Ill make sure to take care of it alright, I'm sure everything will turn out fine." Michael said in a reassuring way, you then nod- you decided to climb on his lap and wrap yourself around him to comfort yourself. The slight scent of vanilla came from him, you quietly sniffled into his chest. He wrapped his arms around you, securing you into his embrace.

You slowly take out the bag of candy you got for Michael, he slightly smiled and took the bag gently from you. He kisses your head in a thank you before eating some of the candy. You closed your eyes, you were tired of being angry that you didn't even notice how drained you were. The night was peaceful, it was just you and Michael cuddling together... maybe he was right... everything might be okay.

Therefore, You and me.