Chapter 9

My world was falling apart, I didn't want him to walk away from me... not him.

his eyes were ice-cold as he glared at me with vexation. my grip only tightened on his sleve making him look more annoyed than before. "I didn't kiss him, he kissed me. I know, you know I like you Zion, and I am patiently waiting for the day you return my feelings," I spoke softly trying to stand my ground against him.

he opened his mouth as he spoke quietly but firmly, "I will never give you the light of day to be with me." I felt my heart break a little as those words flew out of his mouth. "then why do you care so much?" I asked not thinking twice.

"Pardon?" was all he could say as I returned his evil glare. "why the hell do you care if I kiss another guy or not? if you wouldn't even give me the time of day why do you care so much?" his expression softened a little as he put his hand on my cheek. I froze not knowing what to say or do. he didn't say anything, not a word while we stood in silence. "don't let this be the end, please don't leave me," I stuttered out to him before he leaned in and kissed my forehead. "stay alive till we meet again," he said quietly before pushing me making me stumble backwards and falling on my butt as he walked away not looking back.

it took me a moment to process what had just happened before I yelled out to him. "Zion! wait for me!" I yelled as I struggled to get up, but once to my feet, I went running after him before Zack grabbed me from behind. "let me go!" i yelled trying to get him off of me. My world was slowly falling as I watched him slowly disappear into the distance. "Zion!" I yelled as I started to feel a sharp pain in my chest as if my heart was being ripped out.

I soon gave up slowly falling to the ground as Zack finally let go of me. 

Later that night I heard growling from outside my window. I rolled out of bed before grabbing my duffel bag, I got some matches, a bottle of water, three cans of food, and my bow and arrows with a knife. I walked quietly into the living room before hearing a raspy voice.

"Where are you going?" It spoke softly making me slowly turn to see Ethan laying against the wall. "I need to be with him." Was all I said before he smiled.
"This isn't high-school anymore, every little action you take has a reaction that brings you closer to death," he simply stated.

I didn't say anything as I looked to the side thinking about what he said. "I love him, I can't just let him leave me like that," was all I could say before looking at him. He look confused, "you two are a thing?" He asked.

I gave him a small smile trying to keep from letting a tear escape. "No, but it's a unspoken thing," I simply stated.

He gave me a small smile before sliding a gun my way. "There's about four bullets in it, use it wisely and carefully, be safe," he spoke softly giving me a small smile.
I picked it up before mouthing a thank you to him before leaving quietly and quickly. The night was filled with the undead as I ran bast all the growling and footsteps of the dead. I was careful to take out the ones who were in my way or following making sure not to round up a horde.

After a few hours the sun had started to make break lighting up the town as I came over the mountain. I made my scavenge fast as I looked for food or supplies. I came across a few unopened boxes of food such as cereal, or Mach 'n chess. I opened all of them and put some in zip locked bags so they wouldn't make as much noise as I moved around. I put the extra bags in my bag so I could use them later if need be.

I soon made it past the town coming across railroads. I glanced over to see a paper stuffed under one of the boards. I picked it up and unfolded it. A smile came to my face as it said... "as the sun falls behind the dam, the water flows through the valley, a small camp sits. It's all hear say but see you there.... Y/n."

I looked up, baffled as to who wrote this, what valley? I stood questioning looking behind me as the railroad traveled the other detection to the city dam. I took a deep breath before going that way making my way to the dam.

(A/n: yes! It's me! I'm still alive surprisingly! I hope this chapter is to your liking. Once aging if you guys want to see something in the story your more than welcome to leave a comment because my ideas are slow and I want to make this story more to your liking! Well, until next time!)