Chapter 12

Screams filled the hallway, blood, bodies, the dead. The only thing the filled the air was the smell of blood, rotting, made me sick.
I quickly did my best to get out following my friend before I fell. I reached out to her yelling her name right before a mouth opened and went to bite me

I quickly shot up from my slumber terrified of that day, how it went, how it could have ended. Every night the same nightmare on repeat, the ending different but death right there in my face. I sat in the dark next to the campfire listening to the cricket's playing their music. "Judy?" A whisper making me look over to see him, my night in shining armor. "Everything okay?" He asked with a worried look. He knows about my nightmare understanding my trauma but still checks on me when he can even tho his life is just as much as a shit show as mine. I simply smiled before nodding and laying back down.

"How'd it end this time?" Gorge asked laying down next to me holding my hand.
"In the hallways at school, I couldn't get to her, I fell before meeting my end," I whispered trying not to relive the nightmare I had just seen in my nightmares. "It's okay now," he whispered back giving me a small smile before pulling me close and giving me kisses.

When morning rolled around we eat got a cracker as we went over our plans, that's when someone in the group spoke out about a camp over the mountain. "That's a rumor you don't know if it's true," another person said.
"It's not a rumor tho! The signs, the notes."
"Notes? What notes?"
They quickly pulled a peace's of paper from there pockets. "These have been scattered from place to place that I have scavenged, someone is looking for a someone named y/n. If it wasn't true why would they be so desperate to lead someone there?"

It took me a second to process the name before my eyes went wide. I stayed silent as the all agreed to follow what the papers where saying. As we quickly packed our things Gorge came up behind me turning me around and planting a loving kiss across my dried cracked lips. I fell into the kiss before he pulled away with a concerned look. "Jody, I know she's your friend," he whispered with a saddened look on his face, "but please don't get your hopes up, she may not even be there considering the letters might not have made it to her."

I knew he was right but I wanted to at least keep hope that she could be out there.

As we walked the long painful road we walked past a few broken down cars, if only we had noticed the hands reaching out from underneath them. We walked past without a care until one of our group members yelled. A zombie had came out from behind a car and latched onto his neck. Panic spread. "Into the woods! There's more cover!" I followed the group into the woods as more walkers came out of nowhere, screams filled the air, the smell of blood as all the memories of that awful day, the day that ignites my nightmares start flooding into my mind I started to loose my balance before Gorge grabbed my hand and ran with three other people following. We ran till we couldn't run no more. We decided to set camp.
We sat in silence as darkness fell upon us. I couldn't sleep. Knowing what to expect the next day to be like. As I watched the fire crack and pop I slowly unknowingly drifted off into sleep.

Screams filled the hallway, blood, bodies, the dead. The only thing the filled the air was the smell of blood, rotting, made me sick.
I quickly did my best to get out following my friend before I fell. I reached out to her yelling her name right before a mouth opened and yelled to me "she's bit! She's bit! SHES BIT!!" as it got louder and louder I covered my ears but could still hear the yelling!

I shot up from my slumber to see Gorge over me with a knife pointed at a girl holding her arm as another person yelled "She's bit!!" With the others waking from slumber, before I know it, it turned into an all out war amongst eat other. I looked over to see someone still sleeping, through all of this, the partner of the girl who was bit. I went to shake them awake but before I knew it they shot up and grabbed my arm trying to bite me. A zombie.
Everything started getting wild, I tried pulling my arm away as the creature tried dragging itself out of the sleeping bag to get to my arm it had grabbed, zombies coming out of the woods do to all the commotion. Gorge ran over with an axe and hit it right in the head forcing to make it let go of me, I looked up to thank my true love but when I did I seen it all happen.

As if it was slow motion, I opened my mouth but before I could say anything a zombie behind him had latches onto his neck tearing his flesh from his body.

"Gorge!!!" I yelled as loud as I could as the tears filled my eyes. "Run," he managed to say as he chocked on his own blood that has filled his throat.