Chapter 6

'Ethan?'

Zion went to his side putting his hands on Ethan's leg to help stop the bleeding. "What happened?" Zion asked, all I could do was stand in horror and watch, what if it's a bite? Was he here with anyone? "I-I don't remember, Lawrence and I came out here to get stuff and go back to our shelter, before I knew it I blacked out and woke up to a Bullett in my leg," he hissed in pain as Zion added more pressure.
"Lawrence is alive?" Zion asked wide-eyed.

"I believe so, at least he was. If he's still alive he would have gone back to the house to be with that little girl," he informed us as he laid his head back dozing off from the pain. Zion looked at me. "I need a belt or a rope to wrap up his leg and something to put over his shot."

I quickly got rags, a belt, and a some bandages, I gave them to Zion as he put the belt in Ethan's mouth and started to dig the Bullett out. he bit down on the belt. When Zion got his leg fixed up and gave him meds he started to answer my questions. "actually... she's been telling us to look for you." When he said that I looked at Zion telling him that we need to go home and get her.

"Can you stand?" Zion asked. Ethan didn't say much as he slowly stood up not putting pressure on his leg. He wrapped one arm around Zion before we slowly made our way home. "Y/n, you going to have to watch out for us," Zion said softly as I nodded.

I grabbed the duffel bag and we were on our way. "Let's go back to the shack, drop off what we got, and let the other two watch over Ethan. You and I will come back out and get your sister." I looked at Zion as he made that suggestion.
"I wanted to go out on my own actually," I whispered making him glare at me. "I'm not letting you go on your own to get yourself killed," he said harshly.

I simply stayed quiet for the rest of the way. There were a few zombies here and there which were easy to wipe out.

In no time we made it back to the small ran down house. I opened the door to see Scarlett and Zack snuggled up to each other on the sofa, they looked startled but I wasn't going to ask questions as Zion brought Ethan in and sat him down on the floor with his back against the wall.

"Ethan you're alive!" Zack yelled out running over to his side as Scarlett sat there watching them.

"We need to go now," I said looking Zion in the eyes. My heart was heavy, I knew if we waited any longer she may not be there when we do get to her.
He simply nodded before informing the others what was happening. "Y/n and I are going to go back out, we think we know where her sister is," he said as Scarlett scrunched up her nose.

"So you guys are going to go on a wild goose chase? After some little girl that may or may not even be alive?"

When those words fell out of her mouth I felt like killing her. Zion simply grabbed my hand and dragged me out of the cabin before I could do anything.

"We don't have time for this," he simply said as we walked to town.