Chapter 2

I looked up at him whipping my tears. Our attention was then averted to the door as the doorknob began to jiggle.

Zion quickly and quietly stood up moving into the kitchen, he slowly opened the cabinet pulling out a pipe. It curved a little at the end of it as he made his way to the door. He slowly opened it. I covered my mouth moving behind him before a monster busted threw he took the pipe and slammed it into the monster's side making it fall over.
He repeatedly hit it in the side but it kept moving as I stood behind Zion. "What the hell, " he whispered just enough to where I could barely hear him.

He brought the pipe up above his head slamming it down to the Zombies head making it go everywhere. He shut the door as I covered my nose, the smell was horrible, it was of rotten flesh and blood; I couldn't stand it.

Zion grabbed the candles and the lighter, he handed me the lit candle, He gestured me to move on down the hallway where there were two doors. "The one on the left, it's a room. We'll stay there, " he mumbled.

I opened the door slowly making it creak, inside was a small bed with a thin blanket, there was also a small pillow on the bed. We walked in and there was also a small closet, Zion opened the closet door and pulled out a duffel bag. He put the candles in there with the lighter and some blankets. I sat on the bed holding the candle. Zion sat next to me taking the candle. "We'll go back to the school building once we figure out what's going on."
At his words, I sighed. I wanted my sister. He must have been able to tell and he gently put his hand on my knee. "I know you're worried and all this is a lot to take in, " his words were soft as he spoke. "I'm just scared, my sisters out there all on her own..."

He didn't say anything, he didn't move, for a second it seemed like he didn't breath.

The room fell silent but he didn't move his hand. Here I was stuck in a room with my crush worried about my little sister, not the best-case scenario but im glad im with him, hes the only one I want to be around right now.

After what seemed like hours he finally moved his hand letting my leg feel the cold breeze.

"It's time to get some rest. Tomorrow we need to get that zombie out of the living room and we'll stay here for as long as we can, " he explained his plan to me. I looked down before he patted my head. "Don't worry so much, we will find her. Until then you and I will stick this out and survive." I forced a smile at his words.

He slept on the floor as I stayed in bed, he had his back to me so I took the chance and watched him as his soft breaths gently moved his body. He was absolutely beautiful, his red like hair glowing with the light of the candle, not to mention his lean body that laid on the floor; his personality is a little rough on the edges but deep down he does have a soft spot. I want to know more about him.

I was crushing on a man who doesn't even know my name.

I sighed before trying to go back to sleep, I was restless, tossing and turning in my sleep; not able to get the thought out of my head that all my friends and family could be dead.

The days past and we said minimum words to each other, I thought I was going to go insane, For once I actually missed the crowd of people. You never really realize how much you like being in the background of all the chit chat until there's no one else to talk to.

Over the past couple of days the little bit we did talk, it was just small talk such as names, age difference, our favorite color, and foods.
I really enjoyed it, not going to lie. He did have off days where he would snap at me and even glare at me.

We have been eating can foods, which were opened with a handheld can opener, we would go down to a small area behind the house and drink the water that comes off the mountains. Of course, the area is slowly gathering walkers, one day there was none and two days later there were five or six; on those days we have to stay inside the house and keep quiet.

I opened my eyes and sat up, we were now on day seven. I heard growling of the undead outside. I pulled my knees up to my chest. Zion was nowhere to be seen within the room, after our second day here he started going out every day and running to the schools. He doesn't act as if he cares but he even runs to my sister's school in an attempt to find her.
If he doesn't come back before dark I move out and go on my own and assume he's dead, he even told me he was going to find something for me to defend myself with.

I sat there and smiled at myself and making sure to stay quiet... I then heard voices, great now im going insane!

"How do we know if they're even here? If anything we should focus on ourselves."

... Scarlett?