Chapter 5

"Y/n," the soft voice said making me open my eyes to see Zion. The room was dim as the sun did its best to shine through the curtains. "Get up, we need to go now if we want to be back tonight."

At his words I got up and got ready, before leaving I kissed Zack's cheek as Zion waited at the door for me. "I'll be back," I whispered to the sleeping boy before leaving the small cabin that was more like a prison. "What's the plan?" I asked as we walked through the woods. "Make a B line to town, we need to go to a store and get food maybe look for the other boys and your sister," he said looking ahead of us.

"If we can, can we stop by my house?" I asked softly.

He simply smiled, "sure, if you don't get yourself killed before we get there." When those words left his mouth a gasped and acted as if it had hurt my feelings.

??? P.O.V

I slowly moved closer to the window peering out to see Zombies walking down the street. "Cmon boys," I softly whisper as zombies slammed on the front door making me jump as I slip my yellow rain boots on and run up to my sisters room and close her door, locking it.  The boys always told me if a Zombie got through to door to go out the upstairs window and onto the roof.

They go out every few days to find food or something to drink, Ethan even told me that if they came across an animal they would bring it back so I wouldn't be alone when they go out. The door swung open making me jump. "It's just me," Lawrence said softly. "We need to go," he said softly. "Why? Where's Ethan?" I asked.
He gave me a sad expression. "He... he didn't make it," his voice was weak as he looked at me. I felt my heart drop. Ethan was the one who saved me, the one who brought me back home. "We don't have much time." At his words I chocked down my tears and grabbed his hand before leaving my only home.

Y/n's p.o.v

"Maybe If we luck out we can find medication or even better, board games," I said making Zion look up at me as he smashed the glass to the store to get in. "What? It gets boring at the shack," I huffed as he simply smiled unlocking the door from the inside and then pushing it open for me. I gave him his pipe as I slid my bow on my shoulder grabbing the knife, I slid in holding the knife. We quickly pushed something in front of the door before he went one way and I went the other to check for zombies before raiding this place.
Once my side was check I called out for him, "clear." Only seconds after he called back, "clear." We met back up and started going through the store together. We first went to the medical area. There want much in the store except for some pain killers, nigh quill, and some ointments with bandages. I put it all in the bag looking over to see Zion holding condoms and birth control pills making me blush.

"What are you doing?" I asked making him shrug.

"You may need them, Zack and you seem close." His words took a second to sink into my head before I realized what he had said. "No! He's just a friend! I think of him as a brother." I said making a smile tug at his lips as he threw them in the bag. "Okay, sure." He simply said making me lightly punch his arm.

"All I'm saying is that you never know when you'll need it," he laughed knowing he was starting to annoy me.

"Whatever, lets get finished here so we can quickly swing by my house," I said cracking a smile. I feel as tho I'm slowly getting closer to him. 'I should start running with him more.'

As we started getting foods and drinks that expire we started small talk before something crashed as if it fell through a shelf or something making us jump. "What was that?" I whispered looking over at Zion as he got his pipe ready. We slowly walked over to where the crash came from.
When he peered around the corner a sigh of relief escaped his mouth as he ran over to a man on the ground who was still alive? Not just any man... Ethan?