Chapter 6

Reid swore he could keep kissing JJ forever, but he also knew that he wanted more. He wanted to be with her in every way possible. Even though the desires were there, he hadn't pushed things any further because they had waxed off a whole bottle of wine. Though Reid didn't feel as though the alcohol was influencing him, he didn't know how it was affecting JJ. What if this was something she would regret in the morning? He wouldn't be able to live with the guilt of hurting her, especially after everything she'd been through. While Reid was having his inner commentary, JJ was having a thought process of her own.

She was busy considering whether Reid would want to take it further. He was generally shy, so she wasn't sure how he'd want to play it. At this angle her neck was cramping, and it would be so easy to just move and straddle his hips. It would make it easier to continue kissing him, but also easier to move things in a different direction. There was no reason why she shouldn't. Yes, she'd had three glasses of wine, but she had a pretty high alcohol tolerance. She knew this wasn't something she'd regret in the morning. Or the next day. Or years from now. This was the right choice.

JJ made herself brave and moved to straddle Reid's hips, making the kiss easier. Reid's body went on full alarm, and the erection he'd already had hardened further. He didn't know that was possible, but JJ did something to him that he had never experienced before. She completely set him on fire. JJ laced her arms around Reid's neck, pushing her mouth harder onto his and meeting his tongue with hers. JJ making the first move made Reid feel a little more confident. He placed his hands on her thighs, running them up but stopping just before he got to her ass. JJ's body reacted to Reid's simple touch so much more than she ever expected it to. His hands were only on her thighs and she was already aching for him. He seemed to be waiting for some kind of permission to move forward.

JJ moved to kissing his jaw, then next to his ear, then a little down his neck, tugging at his skin with her teeth every once in a while. She felt Reid shudder beneath her and that was apparently all the permission he needed. He ran his hands up the remainder of her thighs to her ass, pulling her hips closer to his almost without realizing it. The friction of Reid pushing JJ's hips forwards made her pull in a shuddering breath. She kissed him fiercely, reaching down to grab the hem of his shirt. Reid moved his hands to grab her wrists, stopping her from pulling his shirt off.

"JJ," Reid said, breaking her attention. She looked up at him, curious as to why he stopped her. "I don't want you to do anything you don't want to, ok? We have all the time in the world, there's no reason to rush."

Whether or not Reid intended it to happen, JJ doubted it. But his words only made her want him more.

"I know," she said, leaning in to kiss him firmly again.

Reid was reeling from the thought that JJ actually wanted to go further with him. Then again, she had just confessed her feelings for him, but it was still surprising somehow. JJ pulled his shirt off and he lifted his arms up so she could pull it off the rest of the way. His skin was so smooth and warm under her hands. He was just as beautiful as she always imagined he would be without a shirt, but finally getting to see it was something all together different. While JJ was looking at him Reid sat up more, pushing her hair over one of her shoulders and pressing his lips to her neck, trailing kissing down until he hit her pulse point where he sucked her skin lightly.

JJ didn't realize she was pushing her hips down into his until she felt him return the pressure, his arousal pressing against her core and making her breath catch. One of Reid's hands returned to JJ's hip, his thumb just passing the hem of her shirt to caress her skin. He wanted her so badly, but he wouldn't be the first to propose the idea. He didn't want her to feel pressured into anything. JJ surprised him but putting her hands on his shoulders and pushing him back into the sofa, kissing him hard and then resting her forehead against his.