𝙵𝚒𝚛𝚜𝚝 𝙳𝚊𝚢

{𝙰𝚞𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚛𝚜 𝙿.𝙾.𝚅}

"Bubba, I change my mind; I don't want to go to school." Anna cries as she clutches the straps of her applejack backpack, tears already streaming down her face.

Tyler and Oliver had already left inside towards the high school building. They had a feeling Anna was going to cause a show about being left alone on her day.

Anthony crouches down to her level, speaking softly, "You're gonna have a good time baby, I know you are." He tried to treasure her, but his words had caused the opposite. She had burst into tears running into him, wrapping her tiny arms around his neck.

"D-Don't leave me, bubba, let me go with you, please." she sobs.

Anthony was conflicted.

But he excepted this; he picked her up, taking off her backpack holding it with his other hand.
Anna snuggled deeper into him, trying to find some comfort because she knew she had to go in either way.

Before Anna knew it, she had already been taken to the front of her classroom door. She whined as her brother tried to pry her off. Anthony sighs as he is already late for work, and he has a meeting in an hour. It was a good thing the hospital was only a 10-minute drive away from campus.

"Anna, I know you scared," he said softly as he stroked her dark hair back softly. Now it reaches the mid of her back since she had gotten it cut for school. Plus, she always complained that every time she sat down, she would sit on it.

"And it's okay to be scared, but sometimes you have to face things head-on. You are so brave and incredibly smart too. I know you are, so school should be a piece of cake for you."

Anna perks up, "I'll get cake?" she says hopeful, "Well-"

"YAY!" Anna jumps down from his hold, grabs her backpack.

"By bubba, remember I like strawberry cake!"

Anthony is a bit dumbfounded but chuckles softly. Anthony kisses her cheek lovingly, telling her to behave and have a good day.

Anna enters the classroom with a bright smile on her face.

But as soon as she walks through the door, she is tackled to the ground.

"ANNA!!!"

Anna groans, her vision slightly blurry from the impact.

"This is why I don't like hugs."

"Are you guys okay?"

Anna's eyes widen hearing the familiar voices. "Musketeers!" she sits upright as Karol gets off of her. Anna had a feeling she'd be enjoying the day very much.

******
{𝙽𝚘𝚊𝚑'𝚜 𝙿.𝙾.𝚅}

"Good morning Miss Anderson." I smiled brightly at the old lady lying down in the bed. IVs and oxygen machines all around attached to the feeble woman.

"Ahh, Dr. De la Cruz, how are you doing, my boy?" She asked with a weak smile on her face.

Miss Anderson was an 87-year-old woman with acute lymphocytic leukemia, which is normally common for children, not so for adults, but not rare. She's been admitted for six months now, ever since her grandson just admitted her and told us not to kill her.

Then left.

Ever since then, Miss Anderson and I have gotten along pretty well. She's also very liked by the staff on this floor, always kind and never gives us any trouble.

There had been a couple of times that the woman had given us a couple of scares with some complications.

And she'd also demanded to know each person's birthday on our floor so she'd know when to send us gifts.