𝙸 𝙷𝚊𝚝𝚎 𝚈𝚘𝚞

"Not so tough are you now huh?"

I held back her tears as I lifted my hands placing them on his that were placed tightly around my neck.

"P-Please." I  manger to squeak out.

His face contorted in pain, his hand loosened around her. I took this opportunity the moment it came. My grip tighten around his hands, I used all her strength to kick him between his legs.

He then double over in pain.

"FU-"

I ran out the door without looking back. So much for being the hero. Never again, will I try to be the good guy. Ima stick with being the side character.

Once I got to my lockers, I'm met with one of my dear friends karol. But the other two are no where to be found.

"Where's-"

"No time to talk, let's go," She grabbed my arm dragging me through the halls to the outside fields. Ignoring my questions and pleas she'd successfully brought me to bleachers where the others were just tiring up their shoes.

"Finally. Thought you died." Jayla said with a sarcastic smirk.

Not quite.

Putting the events that happen earlier in the back of my mind,I decided to warm up for tryouts.

Jayla and karol stayed to watch because their volleyball tryouts were yesterday. Proud to say that both of them made the team.

So like good friends they were, they stayed behind in the hot sun to watch us play.

BULLSHIT.

They only came because they wanted to see the hot guys running around shirtless.

Like. I'm not mad. Cause same.

But that's besides the point.

I was determined to make the team, I loved soccer. Not only was it a release, it always made me feel as if I was apart of the family. Everyone had something, and I had soccer.

And now that Tyler is gonna be my coach...it's going to prove more difficult to get on the team.

Because he's a jack ass.

The sound of the whistle blowing brings me out of my thoughts. Dani and I make our way to the other teammates who were huddled around together with Tyler in front of them.

"Okay, as you may know, our schools team has two teams. Our A team is know to be for only the best of the best. One year we placed 1st in the state. Hard work and good sportsmanship are a big factor, for both of our teams. Our B team is just as important, though they play more home games and travel only in our county it doesn't mean we can slack off either." Tyler says firmly looking around at all the players.

"For todays practice we are going to go straight into scrimmaging. This is going to determine if you make the team or not, A and B. Then after, I will decide who is going on what team."

Soon after we were placed into teams, luckily Dani and I were placed on the same team. There were also 2 other girls who were placed on the other.

The other team wore blue pennies while my team wore red.

The whistle blew.

It was show time.

Our team had the ball first, I was playing left defender this time around. I watched as the players went back and fourth with passing. It was when the other team starting advancing towards our side of the field. One of the players were getting close to me so I quickly ran towards him making him step back with the foot on then ball.