𝚂𝚙𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚊𝚕 𝙸𝚗𝚟𝚒𝚝𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗

"Hi, sweetheart." Ms. jenny smiled brightly at the little girl. it's been a couple of months since they've last seen each other.  Anna had visibly grown up, and had a different aura about her.

She seemed more.

Kid like.

Happier.

and most importantly,

safe.

Anna ran into the arms of the woman, hugging her tightly. The two girls had caught up with each other talking about how they were doing.

Jenny was happy to know that Annabella was doing wonderful.

"Okay, anna, we have one more surprise for you." Anthony had said, reaching for something in his pocket.

Anna could barely contain her excitement.

"Close your eyes and put your hands out."

Anna hesitated, she put her hands on her hips, eyeing her older brother suspiciously. "are you just saying that so you can just hand me trash."

Tyler covered his laugh with a cough.

Anthony rolled his eyes, "I'm not anything like tyty baby girl. Now close your eyes."

This time she complied. She felt some paper being placed on her hands.

She frowns; she opens her eyes looking down at the blue square-looking paper.

"Read what it says, anna." Anthony urges.

She holds the strange item closer, trying to sound the words out in her head.

"OH MY GOSH!" she screams; she looks up at her brother, who has a big grin on his face.

She starts jumping around happily, chanting, "WE'RE GOING TO THE AQUARIUM!"

She gasped, "Is miss Jenny going too?!"

Ms. jenny smiled at my hyperactive girl, "No-"

"Yes." Anthony glances at the woman, "only if you want to."

Jennie smiled, "I'd love to."

********

The De la Cruz family and Jennie spent an eventful day at the aquarium. Throughout the day, Anna had never stopped smiling. She had felt like the luckiest little girl in the world.

After a wonderful weekend, school starts up again. she couldn't wait to tell her friends about it.

"Good morning, everyone!" Anna says as she enters the classroom full of her classmates and friends. 

Everyone looked over at Anna and looked away right after.

That's weird.

Anna had shrugged it off, keeping a smile on her face, slightly giggling at the memory of the silly sea otter she had seen at the aquarium.

Putting her lunch in her cubby and hanging up her backpack, she makes her way towards the back of the classroom where her friends were.

"Your fourth member has entered the party!" She twirls, then plops herself in front of them.

"I have so much to tell you guys! I went to the-"

Her friends had suddenly gotten up without a word and left. Leaving the building blocks they were playing with behind and the girl.

"where are you guys going?" Her smile falls a bit.

Anna looked around the noticing that everyone in the room had stood and played on the opposite side where she was.