bonus!

he stared at his phone, the single cover displaying on his spotify, illuminating his darkened room.

he pressed play, closing his eyes and laying back on his pillow as the music started to play.

it had been a year. two months since he had last seen the brunette girl who brightened his life, and a year since he had seen the blonde who ruined it.

he sighed and rubbed his eyes, looking over at his alarm clock to see that he probably wouldn't be getting any sleep tonight.

it had been like this for a month. a month since brooklyn released her song, and a month since their shared friends started to shun him.

before her song, only 4 people really knew what happened between brooklyn and vinnie, but now that it was released? millions knew.

he couldn't blame her, since it wasn't really her fault that her song blew up. it was his fault that she wrote it in the first place and he knew it.

vinnie cursed under his breath as he grabbed his coat and slipped on a pair of shoes. he grabbed his phone and keys and exited the house, slamming the front door behind him.

he speed walked to his car and got in, starting it and turning the radio down, since the first thing that played was the reason why he had barely slept the past two months.

he started driving, he didn't necessarily know where he was going but he somehow ended up at the one persons house he knew had no business being at.

he sighed and turned off the car, getting out and walking up the path away to the front door, taking a deep breath as he rubbed his sweaty palms on his sweatpants before knocking on the front door.

"vincent?"

brooklyn stared at the boy in front of her, he looked a mess. his hair was as if he hadn't done anything to it in weeks. which he probably couldn't have.

brooklyn had just came home from los angeles the night before. she had been gone for a couple months so she looked completely different to vinnie.

she was wearing a white button up shirt with a large sweatshirt over top of it, paired with a white skirt that reached her mid thigh.

"um hey. can i- can i stay here tonight?" he asked quietly and brooklyn just stared at him for a moment "yeah.. sure" she mumbled, opening the door more for him to walk in.

"i'm sorry to intrude i just um-" he stuttered and brooklyn sighed, handing him a glass of water and leading him upstairs "when's the last time you slept? or ate?" brooklyn asked, scanning his appearance with slight guilt.

"i uh- i'm not sure. it's fine though, i'm fine." he reassured her and she simply rolled her eyes and hurried out of her room, taking out a plate from the refrigerator that was meant for her older sister.

she heated it up in the microwave and hurriedly ran upstairs, handing him the plate and a plastic fork. "eat that and drink your water. you can't do this to yourself vinnie." she sighed and he shrugged half-heartedly.

"you shouldn't care brooklyn." he mumbled, and she furrowed her eyebrows, wondering what the hell that was supposed to mean.

"excuse me?" she asked and he laughed dryly "i fucked everything up for you... you shouldn't care about me." he shook his head, going to set down the plate, but changing his mind at the look she gave him.

"i care about you because i love you vinnie. regardless of what you've done, because i know you. i've known you for 6 fucking years and i know that you didn't mean what you said and did. cause you're stupid and don't know your right from wrong but it's okay. someday you'll figure everything out and i'll be there cheering you on. maybe not as the person you'll spend your life with but even that's okay. just as long as you're happy." she confessed, sitting next to him and resting her head on his shoulder as he slowly ate the pasta she gave him.

"i know um... i know about you and heather and i just... i hope she's good to you, and i hope she realizes that you're special and that she shouldn't take you for granted when she still has time, because that's something i'll always regret... is waiting too long to realize that you were the one for me all along." he sniffled and brooklyn gently grabbed his chin, turning his head to look at her.

"don't worry vinnie, i'll find my way back to you. i always do." she whispered, pressing her lips against his for a few seconds, before getting up and waving goodnight to him, closing her room door behind her as she went into her parents room to cuddle up with her mom and cry.

A/N
okay so NOW this book is over!! idk i had like 3 other sequels for this book in my drafts and all of them were so cute so i made this hdnfhdndn